Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm back
spend my summers up at Blackfoot  Res.  Fantastic life. I not only fly fish now as we bought a wonderful  LUND 18 for with Merc 150 and 9.9 kicker.  
Being formally  fly fisher, I am still adapting.  Bought lead line gear and downriggers. 
Can't wait for Strawberry when we bring it home.
Hope to touch bases with some of you old times. Missed ya.
Flygoddess, Excellent! I also change fishing styles. I started with deep sea fishing as a child. Next was fly fishing mostly on mountain streams. I'm sure my fly fishing skills are much less than yours, but I also got way into fly tying before putting all that away and getting into big lures with spinning reels using my pontoon fly fishing boat in reservoirs. Next was more different rods and reels and shore fishing and I got into ice fishing in a big way. Now I have a Dave Scadden inflatable fishing kayak. I've already decided surf fishing will be next and already have a large variety of surf fishing equipment. That will go well with sailboats on the coasts which is why I will be learning surf fishing. I still need to find a surf fishing guide who can help me target big migratory predator fish that round up seasonal bait fish into the shallows where I can spot them by seeing seagulls diving to feed on them from above. I want to find that at a beach that I can drive on, so getting all that to line up will take the experience of a guide who does that.
I was wondering where you got yourself off to.  Sounds like you have expanded your horizons.  Crossing over to the dark side. 

Good to hear you are back.  Hope you can get in on some of the fall frolic at Da Berry.
Good to have you back Joni. So you and the hubby have crossed over to the trolling world? Or are you just using the boat as a casting platform for flinging flies?
Welcome back Joni. I hope you received the email I sent to you (through BFT) a couple days ago.
(09-14-2020, 06:02 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Welcome back Joni.  I hope you received the email I sent to you (through BFT) a couple days ago.
Yes, I got your message.  That was great news!!!.

(09-14-2020, 04:42 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Good to have you back Joni. So you and the hubby have crossed over to the trolling world? Or are you just using the boat as a casting platform for flinging flies?
the kicker motor makes a great fly casting speed.   The boat is all around fishing.   Even electric motor so bow hunting carp.
Good to have you back Joni.
Next year if you want to find out what I don't know about fishing for kokanee you can PM me and jump on my boat.
Robert
Welcome back Joni.  You made a good boat purchase.  Lunds not as fancy (or as spendy) as Thunderjets, but good solid reliable boats.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Just keep making those furled leaders . . . the best there is, and I've tried a few over the last 10 years or so.
Will be looking forward to your Strawberry posts again. The best fishing of Strawberry is just starting.
(09-15-2020, 12:33 AM)Tarponjim Wrote: Just keep making those furled leaders . . . the best there is, and I've tried a few over the last 10 years or so.
Thanks but, don't have much time these days.
Well hello Joni! Be fun to show you some great alpine brook trout waters that are fairly easy access. Flies and jigs will both produce well.
(09-15-2020, 12:12 AM)Tin-Can Wrote: Welcome back Joni.  You made a good boat purchase.  Lunds not as fancy (or as spendy) as Thunderjets, but good solid reliable boats.
It is pretty nice.  Mercury Verado is really nice.  We are adding to it.  I still prefer fly fishing but I have fun learning new stuff.  [Image: 20200914-205547.jpg][Image: 20200723-141910.jpg]
Joni, that is a great looking boat.  I really like the white over gray,  maybe cuz my first boat was a Lund that looked just like that, but only 17 ft.  I also got mine from Petersen Marine back in 2004 when they were still in Riverdale. 

[Image: 01a-Boat-pick-up-day-17-Jun-04.jpg]  [Image: 015-Boat-at-Flaming-Gorge-12-14-July-2005.jpg]

You will have lots of great times in that boat.

Cool
(09-15-2020, 02:25 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Joni, that is a great looking boat.  I really like the white over gray,  maybe cuz my first boat was a Lund that looked just like that, but only 17 ft.  I also got mine from Petersen Marine back in 2004 when they were still in Riverdale. 

[Image: 01a-Boat-pick-up-day-17-Jun-04.jpg]  [Image: 015-Boat-at-Flaming-Gorge-12-14-July-2005.jpg]

The guy we bought the boat from added all the bells.  It has the full cab cover with windows.  Plus an electric motor we need to attach.  Ours is a very deep hull.  Can't wait to try it on Utah waters.
(09-15-2020, 02:43 PM)flygoddess Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 02:25 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Joni, that is a great looking boat.  I really like the white over gray,  maybe cuz my first boat was a Lund that looked just like that, but only 17 ft.  I also got mine from Petersen Marine back in 2004 when they were still in Riverdale. 

The guy we bought the boat from added all the bells.  It has the full cab cover with windows.  Plus an electric motor we need to attach.  Ours is a very deep hull.  Can't wait to try it on Utah waters.

I bought mine new in July 2004, it also had the full enclosure that snapped to the windshield and all along the outside of the gunwales and at the transom. I put a bow mount on it in 2005, but had not gotten to a kicker motor before I sold it in 2006.  They are a nice deep V hull, high wall, very stable boat.  
In 2007 I bought a smaller 14 ft. Lund cuz most of the time I was by myself, and when the waters in Utah get shallow during low water years, I can still get on the water.  

[Image: 025-new-top-without-side-curtains.jpg]

Cool
i wanted to thank ya
years ago when i got burnt out on slimers from guiding river ran thru its watching their bobbers and repeating mend all summer
and devoloped da carpdiction i lurked your posts on local waters and still fish those waters on long lunch or the way home from work

nice rig
ive heard blackfoot has a decent mirror population
ratio?
many over 30"?
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
(09-16-2020, 02:14 PM)fishskibum Wrote: i wanted to thank ya
years ago when i got burnt out on slimers from guiding river ran thru its  watching their bobbers and repeating mend all summer
and devoloped da carpdiction i lurked your posts on local waters and still fish those waters on long lunch or the way home from work

nice rig
ive heard blackfoot has a decent mirror population
ratio?
many over 30"?
I am still a carpaholic.  But I also use Bow, spinning and fly.[Image: 20200727-112404.jpg][Image: 20190702-104822.jpg]
Welcome back Joni, looks like a nice ride.
(09-14-2020, 07:08 PM)flygoddess Wrote: the kicker motor makes a great fly casting speed.   The boat is all around fishing.   Even electric motor so bow hunting carp.
Not sure if this would interest you Joni but the carp are out in force on Echo, slurping by the thousands everywhere you look, it would be easy picking for anyone wanting to pick them off the surface of the lake. The bad news is that the boat launch is out of the water, so you would need to launch on the old ramp or beside it on the shore line. We did it last week in 2 wheel drive, without a problem because the shore is a solid gravel/rock mix but not everyone might want to take the chance.