Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Fillet knife info and video
Here is a link to a video I made a while back at Lake Powell of filleting SMB and walleye with Mr Twister electric fillet knife. There were some questions and great info about Electric fillet knives on the recent Rockport perch fishing report post. So I thought I would share this info on a separate thread.  Electric knives a great and only take a bit of practice to get the hang of it and then you can make short work of most any fish, especially panfish. The clip is 54 seconds long and 1 SMB and 2 walleye were filleted in that time.

I hope this link works on the video.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AkilnYOMH01ggk-pl7CduN4sZrgn

Mildog Out
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
It works.  Speed is good unless you get sloppy and leave good meat on the bones or the skin.  But, as you say, it only takes a little practice until you develop muscle memory and can go through a lot of fish in a short time...with good efficiency.

Thanks for working it out so you could post it.
Good follow up on the elec knives....tks for the video....I never have used one, but sometimes doing 25 to 30 perch with a very sharp/flexible manual fillet knife gets tiresome! I've always thought it a 'labor of love' for the results, but maybe it's time to try an E-knife...
Great video. I made cookie watch it, then told her that is my goal (and to keep my fingers when I lay the skin back that fast)
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(09-21-2020, 09:51 PM)Mildog Wrote: Electric knives a great and only take a bit of practice to get the hang of it and then you can make short work of most any fish, especially panfish.

Mildog Out
Wait a minute Pat; isn't everybody already using electric fillet knives?  I mean, come on, it's 2020.

[Image: voowPbZ.gif]

Seriously, there is one of those new fangled contraptions for sale right now on KSL.  Just do a search for MISTER TWISTER PIRANHA FILLET KNIFE on KSL.  I'm  -err they're only asking $15 for it.  Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(09-23-2020, 05:15 PM)dubob Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 09:51 PM)Mildog Wrote: Electric knives a great and only take a bit of practice to get the hang of it and then you can make short work of most any fish, especially panfish.

Mildog Out
Wait a minute Pat; isn't everybody already using electric fillet knives?  I mean, come on, it's 2020.

[Image: voowPbZ.gif]

Seriously, there is one of those new fangled contraptions for sale right now on KSL.  Just do a search for MISTER TWISTER PIRANHA FILLET KNIFE on KSL.  I'm  -err they're only asking $15 for it.  Big Grin

Bob I still use sagebrush for TP and chew on willow bark for pain relief - But I do like the Texas Roadhouse for steak - they do this new fangled thing called cooking the meat
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Word travels fast.  I sold it about an hour ago.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(09-23-2020, 08:00 PM)dubob Wrote: Word travels fast.  I sold it about an hour ago.   Big Grin

You chasin Ducks on the Opener. Did not see you at Draw?

Mildog out
(09-24-2020, 07:42 PM)Mildog Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 08:00 PM)dubob Wrote: Word travels fast.  I sold it about an hour ago.   Big Grin

You chasin Ducks on the Opener. Did not see you at Draw?

Mildog out
Dropped my lease in 2018.  I will NOT be hunting opening weekend on public marshes.  I've already had my life limit of circuses.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Mid week... a week or so after the opener on Public is the time to be out on Public Marshes for sure. Weekends are crazy for at least the first month and at some places even longer.
Good Luck when you get out !!