Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flig Fishing Highlights of Henry's
https://youtu.be/PamXZdgBshg

Check out the highlights of our fishing trip at Henry's Lake.  
Most of the fish were caught using a Tube Dude Fligs. Chartreuse Tiger Fire! 
Water Temp was very cold - The air Temp was colder.
(11-29-2021, 03:54 AM)Justaguywaworm Wrote: https://youtu.be/PamXZdgBshg

Just noticed your post, looks like you guys killed them at Henry's,  congrats. Were you guys trolling for them with weights just off the bottom or on the surface?
What time of year was this video taken, Mid October?

Were the size of the fish above average, average, or below average compared to previous years?

BTW, the cliffs have let me down many a time.
(12-29-2021, 10:06 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 03:54 AM)Justaguywaworm Wrote: https://youtu.be/PamXZdgBshg

Just noticed your post, looks like you guys killed them at Henry's,  congrats. Were you guys trolling for them with weights just off the bottom or on the surface?

We tried to get them down as deep as we could and troll off the bottom.

(01-02-2022, 10:44 PM)ratnest Wrote: What time of year was this video taken, Mid October? 

Were the size of the fish above average, average, or below average compared to previous years?

BTW, the cliffs have let me down many a time.

Yes it was the 3rd week in October for fall break.  The fish size was average, although we did catch one really big one.  

The Cliffs never let us down!  

We just got back from ice fishing all week long at the Cliffs.  Good size although we did catch a few small ones - first time that has happened.  

We will be heading back up.  Now you can fish all winter on Henry's.
I always thought the weeds were too thick to troll fligs there but I guess not, good job.
Curt, in the fall the cool temps kill off the weeds so you can actually do some trolling for a couple weeks before it ices up... I used to love the fall trips to Henrys, they were usually my best trips of the year. Oh and I'm with ratnest, the cliffs have let me down several times, but I have had some good trips over there as well, but I'll never put all my eggs in the cliff basket when there are so many other good spots on the lake... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-03-2022, 11:42 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I always thought the weeds were too thick to troll fligs there but I guess not, good job.
Hey Curt, I hope I am not "over-revealing" Rob's methodology here, but he has been rather "brief" in his descriptions.  First, he is using the "Mini Whirly" fligs...with the little propeller spinner on the front...mostly in chartreuse perch pattern.  This is essentially a floating spinner.  He puts just enough weight on the line ahead of the whirly to get it to run at the desired depth at the speed his electric motor is pushing them.  So he is probably fishing no more than a few feet deep...and probably had no problems with the bottom vegetation so prevalent in Henrys.  Either that or he knows where the "corridors" are in that weed growth and limits his trolling to those areas.

[Image: CP-MINI.jpg]
(01-04-2022, 03:12 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 11:42 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I always thought the weeds were too thick to troll fligs there but I guess not, good job.
Hey Curt, I hope I am not "over-revealing" Rob's methodology here, but he has been rather "brief" in his descriptions.  First, he is using the "Mini Whirly" fligs...with the little propeller spinner on the front...mostly in chartreuse perch pattern.  This is essentially a floating spinner.  He puts just enough weight on the line ahead of the whirly to get it to run at the desired depth at the speed his electric motor is pushing them.  So he is probably fishing no more than a few feet deep...and probably had no problems with the bottom vegetation so prevalent in Henrys.  Either that or he knows where the "corridors" are in that weed growth and limits his trolling to those areas.

That makes sense Pat, I have had good success trolling lures shallow like that in the Faii for trout and kokes but I knew Henrys was a pretty shallow lake, so I figured if he was dragging fligs on the bottom, it would be snag city. Thanks for the info.
(01-04-2022, 06:06 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 03:12 PM)TubeDude Wrote:

That makes sense Pat, I have had good success trolling lures shallow like that in the Faii for trout and kokes but I knew Henrys was a pretty shallow lake, so I figured if he was dragging fligs on the bottom, it would be snag city. Thanks for the info.
Don't know how much attention you have paid to my posts the past couple of years but I have been doing well on several species in several Utah Lakes with the whirlies.  Walleyes love them...as do wipers, perch, trout and catfish.  I fish them both just off the bottom with a 3-way rig...and at mid depth with an inline trolling sinker.

[Image: CP-WALLEYE.jpg]

[Image: 16-WALLEYE.jpg]

[Image: WALL-LIME.jpg]

[Image: SECOND-WIPER.jpg]

[Image: ECHO-CAT-1.jpg]