Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall Perchin' Willard - Video
LINK TO VIDEO

I posted a wrtteup on fishing for the porky perch in Willard a while back.  Had several requests to make a video on it.  So I did.  Took me a while since my former video editing program...GoPro Studios...no longer works.  Experimented with several other free services but none of them was both effective and easy to use.  Finally found a reasonably priced one that seems to work fairly well.  Still need some practice and tweaking but I was able to put together about 50 minutes of pictures, maps and videos that covers most of the pertinent points of perchin' Willard in the fall.  Still need some work on working with exposure and color but I think I covered the subject okay.
Curious what editing program you finally picked? I know the one I suggested is very challenging to get loaded and learn but I sure love its capabilities.

Watching the video as soon as I get back from the Doc - hoping to pick up some ideas for these local perch.

I think cookie and I have picked up the new virus. She has sure been sick. Then she had the gall to give it to me. Awful rude considering the outdoor holiday adventures I had planned
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Great information thank you for sharing always nice to see the tips and tricks in action
(12-27-2023, 03:10 PM)TubeDude Wrote: LINK TO VIDEO

I posted a wrtteup on fishing for the porky perch in Willard a while back.  Had several requests to make a video on it.  So I did.  Took me a while since my former video editing program...GoPro Studios...no longer works.  Experimented with several other free services but none of them was both effective and easy to use.  Finally found a reasonably priced one that seems to work fairly well.  Still need some practice and tweaking but I was able to put together about 50 minutes of pictures, maps and videos that covers most of the pertinent points of perchin' Willard in the fall.  Still need some work on working with exposure and color but I think I covered the subject okay.
A thank you from all of us perch fin-atics out there.  The most thorough video on perch I;'ve seen, and I've seen a bunch.  What a timely stocking stuffer as ice fishing season approaches.  I like your idea of using thin wire on the hali-droppers.
(12-27-2023, 04:11 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Curious what editing program you finally picked? I know the one I suggested is very challenging to get loaded and learn but I sure love its capabilities.

Watching the video as soon as I get back from the Doc - hoping to pick up some ideas for these local perch.

I think cookie and I have picked up the new virus. She has sure been sick. Then she had the gall to give it to me. Awful rude considering the outdoor holiday adventures I had planned

The one you suggested is great editing software.  But a lot more than I need and as you pointed out, a steep learning curve.    Also, my computer would not let me load one of the programs I needed in order to use that software.  It really uses up the gigabytes.

After several "free trials" with various other programs I settled on the Wondershare Filmora.  Great for beginners or those who don't need all the bells and whistles...but it has just about everything you might want available if you choose it.  I plan to spend some time learning the advanced capabilities for the future...however long that may be.

Sorry to hear about the ailments.  Hope you are able to get through it soon with no lasting effects.
You might look for one called kdenlive. It's a free and open source program, and it's also cross-platform, meaning it will run on most operating systems. Linux users use it as their standard video editor. https://kdenlive.org/en/
(12-27-2023, 04:23 PM)perchinski Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 03:10 PM)TubeDude Wrote: LINK TO VIDEO

A thank you from all of us perch fin-atics out there.  The most thorough video on perch I;'ve seen, and I've seen a bunch.  What a timely stocking stuffer as ice fishing season approaches.  I like your idea of using thin wire on the hali-droppers.
Thanks, Mike.  Are you going to be making it back to Utah for some cold-footin'?  Or are you permanently in California now? 

About that wire.  I started making my "Holy Jigs"...using wire to replicate Hali Jigs...over a dozen years ago.  But I used a longer wire and used a horizontal hold glow "Flat Rinkee" jig at the bottom instead of a bare hook.  Been lotsa perch, trout, crappies, white bass, walleyes and other species caught on them over the years...both through the ice and in open water.  If you get back over this way I'll sample you a few.
[Image: HOLY-JIGS.jpg]

(12-27-2023, 05:27 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: You might look for one called kdenlive. It's a free and open source program, and it's also cross-platform, meaning it will run on most operating systems. Linux users use it as their standard video editor. https://kdenlive.org/en/

Thanks for the tip.  I'll check it out.  It was on my list to look at originally but I never got around to downloading it to try.