Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry side Monday
Monday was my first day on the strawberry side.   I went alone it was dark when I got there I was the first boat in the water
the parking lot is still full of there boat docks 
there was one dock in the water so you could load and unload your boat if your alone.
I left at 11 am, looked like about 30 boat trailers there.   

if you like catching a lot of cuts you will have a lot of fun.  (me I'm getting so I don't like them anymore.)
but when  you cant catch any Kokanee it gives you something to do.    one time I put my cannon optimum down rigger on bottom tracking 
one ft. off the bottom and got a 12 in cutthroat.  don't know what he was doing down there 70 ft. down
Maybe the only space he could to swim in was at 70. Sounds like the rest of the depths were full of his brother and sisters
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
No kokes? Sounds like the SC side is fishing better for the kokes, hopefully that changes soon.
I was on the Soldier Creek side yesterday. Beautiful day until about 11:00 when the wind picked up. I did catch 2 smaller kokes and lots of cutts. I tried up in the north east arm and found some nice schools of fish on the lvs. They were a little closer to the surface than in the last few weeks, most between 15 and 25'. As noted with only 2 caught, they were still quite hesitant to bite.

Monday I went with my daughter's boyfriend's family on Deer Creek in their party pontoon - they wanted to have a family fish fry. We anchored up and fished power bait on the bottom. In about an hour and a half, we brought in 9 nice 2+ lb rainbows. Goal success. Those rainbows really fight on an ultralight rod.
(05-14-2024, 10:35 PM)liketrolling Wrote: Monday was my first day on the strawberry side.   I went alone it was dark when I got there I was the first boat in the water
the parking lot is still full of there boat docks 
there was one dock in the water so you could load and unload your boat if your alone.
I left at 11 am, looked like about 30 boat trailers there.   

if you like catching a lot of cuts you will have a lot of fun.  (me I'm getting so I don't like them anymore.)
but when  you cant catch any Kokanee it gives you something to do.    one time I put my cannon optimum down rigger on bottom tracking 
one ft. off the bottom and got a 12 in cutthroat.  don't know what he was doing down there 70 ft. down

How are you liking the new boat by now?  I'll bet that is a nice chariot to fish from... Thanks for your report.. J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Robert, 

I would like to purchase a new fishfinder for locating Kokanee. I believe you own or have owned both the Garmin live scope and the humminbird 360 max. If you could only buy one, which one would you choose? Thanks I have enjoyed reading your post over the years. I have learned a lot.
(05-20-2024, 07:14 PM)Bhuntin Wrote: Robert, 

I would like to purchase a new fishfinder for locating Kokanee. I believe you own or have owned both the Garmin live scope and the humminbird 360 max. If you could only buy one, which one would you choose? Thanks I have enjoyed reading your post over the years. I have learned a lot.

I like all I have because they work together, but the Garman live scope is the one most fun to watch. the other day I was at FG and saw on live scope the kokanees hit the lure before the pole started to move.