Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho Photo Game
not sure were it is but i would love to hear the story on it.
[signature]
?? Morman Res?

I'm more intrested in the story than anything - Please share.
[signature]
Man your good. Yes that is mormon.
We were Deer hunting and went to town to have an early lunch. We went to Mormon to look it over for Perch fishing later. As we were at the boat ramp I see a Bull kind of running to the lake. Then it went in! We watched it swim the lake and get out on the other side. Well we watched him bed down and he looked like he might have been hit. We stayed there until an elk hunter showed up and asked if we saw the elk. I said yes we know right where it is. He said he was NOT the guy that first shot it. He said that the first guy shot it at first light and the bull had been on the run for a while. He asked if the bull was still alive. I said yes and he said HE also had a tag. He said if the bull is alive and well he said he was going to shoot the bull. If it was dead he said he would go and try to find the guy that first shot it. I thought that was a fair thing to do.
Well we walked into the thick brush I went on one side to spook it out so he could get a shot. The bull came out and he was hit in the foot. So the guy shoots the bull with a 300 Weatherby mag. The bull heads for the lake and in he goes. After several more shots the bull is dead and floating. Well the guy is BIG and he decided he was going to walk out to the bull. WRONG! he made it about 20 yards and he was up to his neck. The bull was 100 yards out and floating away. Well My son Jacob steps up and says " I could get that bull easy" Casy the hunter said if you can put a rope on that bull I have a $100.00 dollar bill in the truck with your name on it. Jacob strips down and we put a slip knot on him with the rope. I told him to keep it on his wrist until he got to the bull. Once he was at the bull take it off and hold on to the bull. He did and as soon as the bull was tied on I pulled them in.
After we got the bull to the bank we drug it to the truck with a 4 wheeler and I was about to leave. Casy the hunter said Guys I have never killed a bull before I don't know how to gut it. So I gutted it and he had to put his 4 wheeler in the back of the truck so we loaded that bull WHOLE into a little basket on the hitch.
Later Jacob bought a new leatherman with the money. I don't remember witch one. It took about all his money. He wanted something that would last forever and remind him of that day. I took his picture with the first Bull he ever packed out "naked" The next weekend the lake had ice around the edge. I don't know how cold the water was that day but it was COLD! Jacob was my hero that day. Some day I want to send that story to Field and stream or outdoor life. Ron
[signature]
Wow great post and pictures . Thanks for sharing . Curt G.
[signature]
LMAO, Cool story and yes you should send it in. This pic is from last cat season, Avery w/ our fishing partner Tom.
[signature]
is it at the owyhee river? Ron
[signature]
Nope not the Owyhee
[signature]
That's got the snake down by Bruno written all over it. well maybe lol
[signature]
LOL, your thinking backwards [crazy]
[signature]
lol that happens a lot [:p]
[signature]
hint: drowning flys guessed the correct area but missed the correct river even though he speaks of it [crazy]
[signature]
common people some one must have a photo they want to put up [Wink]

[Image: rambaling.jpg]
[signature]
Well after a week and no new picture I'll throw one out.
[signature]
is that the snake river at bell rapids boat dock looking north? Ron
[signature]
You nailed it dead on. Your up.
[signature]
Here is an easy one. Ron
[signature]
no pic [:p]
[signature]
No See-um creek! [Wink]
[signature]
I don't know why that didn't work. Here is goes again. Ron
[signature]
Some place I never been? OK I'll give it a try, Wilson Lake ?
[signature]