Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokanee Salmon
Hi Gang, I'm new to Idaho and was hoping to do some Kokanee Salmon fishing in the next couple weeks. I was hoping for a point in the right direction here, I was wondering if I should hit Lucky Peak or Anderson Ranch Res? I am from Kimberly (twin falls ) area. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
[signature]
Anderson Ranch would be my suggestion. It has an abundance of Kokanee with a daily limit of 25 fish. The F&G has in the past few years been stocking Chinook. Anderson Ranch would also be the closest for you. I live in Idaho Falls so don't get over there very often. I don't have specific info on where to fish and how deep to fish. Maybe a local will offer this information.
[signature]
As far as I know the kokes in AnRanch are very small and the bite is off. Sounds like Ririe has a lot better chance of producing fish.
[signature]
I got further confirmation today that koke fishing at anderson is not very good right now. I guess it could turn on at any time, but for now, all reports I'm hearing are poor with the exception of Ririe.
[signature]
A friend had a real good day at Ririe this week .
[signature]
Nice batch. Guess I'll have to go try it tomorrow.
[signature]
Nice! So jealous.
[signature]
Thanks guys![reply][/reply]
[signature]
We spent a day trolling Andersen ranch thos week we caught 8 kokes tje lagest of whoch was 8 inches long and about 2 thumb widths wide. Of the 8 other boats out there that we talked to we did the best. One guy had been there 3 days and had only caught 1 koke bigger than 8 inches. Mext year should be good but this year there looks grim
[signature]
It's looking like Anderson Ranch had a catastrophic die off of the 3 year class of Kokes. Probably a virus or bacterial infection that attacked them as planted fingerlings. Sadly it happens more often then we realize. Some lakes have low oxygen years that cause die off's of a year class as well.
[signature]