Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice trolling?
Has anybody done an ice carosel to do trolling? I saw a video on Facebook, then looked at some YouTube videos. It seems most of them are more North, like Michigan, Minnesota, and Finland. Maybe Utah ice doesn't get thick enough?
[signature]
Welcome back, I have not seen a post from you in a very long time!
[signature]
That's because I've been slackin' off, for a very long time! [laugh] LOL
[signature]
Maybe you could enlighten me (or us) what 'ice trolling' is....tks....
[signature]
https://youtu.be/1YcZRsa4uG4

I just looked up "ice fishing carousel" on YouTube.
I don't know if ice trolling is actually "a thing" in Utah... thats why I'm asking if you guys ever did it LOL
[signature]
That's not "Ice trolling." That "carousel" would likely be illegal in Utah. You can only have a 12" hole on most waters, 18" on a few and bigger at Bear Lake if you're after cisco. Regardless it would be very dangerous for others after you left such a hole leaving other vulnerable to falling through the gap. Not a good idea.

Ice trolling is where you drill a series of holes in the ice, usually along a break line, weed line, or some other structure or cover element and systematically fish each hole for a few minutes trying to locate active fish. You may drill over 100 holes a day for this technique.
[signature]
pretty sure it's not Legal in the state of Utah. there is a hole size limit on every lake in Utah. and cutting A 20 to 40 foot sized hole would not go over very well..
might be fun to try tho!
[signature]