Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWEST Fishable ice list 2/3/19
Minersville has 3-6" of ice depending on the area. Thickest is near the dam where most people have been fishing.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

One poster fished Jordanelle Rock Cliff on 1/5/19:

"Fished in 15 feet of water on 6 or 7 inches of good ice, which extended out to the bouys ..."

Still plenty of open water, so not ready for the general go-ahead.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I have just added several waters to this list but be aware that with this warm spell conditions can go retrograde again. You know the drill[sly].
[signature]

We now have 3 times as many waters on this list as on the NOT ready to fish yet list. Nearly all waters except the largest lakes at lower elevations are frozen up now so please help me keep this list current by reporting places that should be added or deleted. And if you hate the huge crowds at the more popular places, branch out and try some of the other 45 places listed here.
[signature]

According to the East Canyon State Park website the lake had 4-5" of ice as of January 2nd. Surely it has somewhat more by now so I'm adding it to this list. Let me know if you can confirm this.
[signature]

Since the ice is 6" thick in the bridge area at Starvation I am putting the lake on this list now.
[signature]

DWR has reported enough ice to fish in the North Marina at Willard Bay. Conditions are unknown on the rest of the lake so proceed with caution. Let us know what you find out.
[signature]

Heard today that Mantua has 11" of ice.
[signature]

The ice on Utah Lake has deteriorated with this warm weather. Be very careful and test as you go. If it gets much worse I will remove it from this list.
[signature]

Hailstone at Jordanelle has 6-7" of ice with snow and slush on top.
[signature]

Do they charge to go up AF canyon during the winter?
[signature]
American Fork Canyon-Alpine Loop Recreation Area. Recreation Fee Schedule:
3-day Pass $6.00
7-day Pass $12.00
Annual Pass $45.00
America the Beautiful Passes are honored in the American Fork Recreation Area and are sold at the Information Stations on the Alpine Loop Road, Timpanogos Cave National Monument Visitor Center, and at the Pleasant Grove Ranger District Office.
Interagency Annual Pass $80.00
Interagency Senior Pass $10.00
Interagency Access Pass $0
Interagency Annual Military Pass $0

I couldn't find anything about anything being different for the winter on the FS website. You could check with the Pleasant Grove Ranger District office.
[signature]

Thanks. Been forever since ive been up AF canyon.
[signature]
Settlement: "Ice is about 4” and lots of slush."
[signature]

Bear River in Benson is open water today, was 7" on Monday... so watch conditions very carefully now... Anywhere there is current, it is eating the ice faster than the cold is refreezing it up here now. Kind of Sad, afraid this is the beginning of the end of the panfish ice... Later J
[signature]
If you are thinking of fishing Deer Creek please read this report and make an informed decision:

"I know the DNR officer that works that area and he said he has seen quite a few people fall through the ice on the Charleston end. I wouldn't get on the Charleston side myself. Rainbow bay was soft edge out to about 4ft out then maybe 3 inches of cloudy ice. Near the island ramp is 4 inches of clear ice with 5 inches of frozen slush covered by 12 inches of powdery snow."
[signature]

Joe's Valley ice report:

Thickness is all over the place. We were on about 6 or 7", but closer to shore was about 10".
[signature]

Got a report today of 5" of ice at Deer Creek island area.
[signature]

We have a report of good ice at Vernon now.
[signature]

….what was the report for Vernon?
[signature]