Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 v battery
Looking for an inexpensive 12 v battery for my green fishing lights, any ideas where to get one.Thanks for your help.
[signature]
Any fishfinder battery should work ,check Amazon or batteries+ should be able to find one for around 20 bucks.
[signature]
I just ordered this one on amazon for my light.

ExpertPower 12V 7 Amp EXP1270 Rechargeable Lead Acid Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003S1RQ2S/ref...lCbHGXEABD
[signature]
I see you've had some responses. When I've had to replace 12V batteries for my fishfinders I usually check eBay and purchase the 9ah batteries. They are only a few dollars more and they last quite a bit longer than a 7ah model.

Mike
[signature]
Our local Walmart started carrying them over by the ice fishing stuff for $19 bucks I think.. Could check your Walmart and see if they started to carry them..
[signature]
Well just canceled that order of the 7ah battery. Thanks for posting that. Changed my order to the 12ah one. For only a couple dollars more.
[signature]
Thanks for all the input all great ideas I will report if I think the green lights make a difference or not.
[signature]
When are you going to test it out? Which light did you get? Mine should be here Saturday sometime. I am interested to see if it helps. I have heard some good results.
[signature]
I see you already ordered the battery. I buy my batteries from Ebay. I can get 2 batteries for the price of just one off of other sites, usually with free shipping too. I have never ran into a problem yet with doing it that way either. It gives me a back up battery I can use if one happens to go dead or I forget to charge one.
[signature]
Ebay and Amazon are such great places to get stuff, when you are thinking ahead. [sly]

I'm running all my electronics on small "lawnmower" batteries just from Lowe's or Ace.
[signature]
I used to get mine in the industrial side of NPS. Last i looked they wanted $10 for them. They are used, i think they are cycled out of backup power supplies and emergency lights. Never had a problem with them.
[signature]