Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a flasher to draw the kokes
We have on porcupine, I remember telling you that tactic years ago, some times it helps.
[signature]
I had success my first time trying at strawberry but a storm and ton of snow pushed me off the lake. I ended up with a bunch of little cutts and 1 koke. Its too much work on foot with the ice/snow/ slush conditions.
[signature]
Maybe you missed this:
[quote wiperhunter2]Funny you should mention that because I've done that exact thing twice, once at Porcupine and once at Causey both times we were able to limit out in a matter of minutes. When I did it at The Pig, I was with Packfan and a bunch of his friends that came up that day, catching our limits of 12 in under an hour if I remember correctly. When I did it at Causey, I was with a bunch of folks from BFT. Wiperslayer and I were the first to start catching them but then other members started moving over and that kept them there until most of them caught their limits. I think like you said that all those people being in a group like that, kept them there in both cases but I thought this video also shows that just having a few jigging dodgers in the same spot also helps.[/quote]
3rd reply on this thread.
[signature]
On bigger lakes it's pretty hard but I think it will work better on smaller lakes. Hopefully we will get a positive report from the guys trying it today at ThePig.[Smile]
[signature]
I will keep it brief since I already posted a report on the premium board. I caught two the other guys got none. We messed around with the trout early and didn’t start trying for the kokes untill later the two I got where in 78 fow 25 feet down. I never marked any large schools just 2 or 3 at a time. The rod that caught them had a 6” pink holographic sling blade with a pink ratso on a 10” dropper tipped with a power bait maggot. If I do it again I would start off tfirst thing down near the dam and concentrate on the kokes and leave the trout alone. Thanks for fishing with me today Shawn, Tony and Jeff, I just wish the catching was a little better.
[signature]
Good job getting a couple. I like your idea of trying for them first. Worth a shot next time. Thanks for bringing me along.
[signature]
Would like to try this tick in the future.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. What size did you catch?
[signature]
They about 12”
[signature]