Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of posts
What if I get stuck faking it? 🥴 Later J
[signature]
Yep, love that retired cold war relic. From a 38yr career I have 16yrs on all worldwide F111's which included Australia's. Nothing like feeling the thrust sitting in the seat.
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]What if I get stuck faking it? 🥴 Later J[/quote]
[#0000FF]Don't let it stop you.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Now see, we both just got another post score.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Craig, I've been a BFT member not quite 8 years, and posted just over 1730 times.
Since I don't ice fish, my posts or replies drop off quite a bit in the winter, but I check in and read thru posts all year.
Like another member commented, BFT Utah forum is the most active of any I have seen, and I never feel as if I'm being judged by the number of posts. I'm almost 64, have fished since I was 7 or 8, fished from west coast to east coast and a couple places out of the country (Panama, England) . But I never feel a need to compete for post numbers. I couldn't even begin to compete with old pros like Pat. [laugh]
But TD's post numbers do not tell the more accurate story that the LENGTH of many of his posts give better credence to. Now those are the truest indication of "blabber fingers" [Wink] Even so, they are informative, and quite humorous, so Pat, just keep those fingers blabbering...........[sly]
[fishon]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I never intended to imply anything about contending or competing, just making conversation. I enjoy nearly every post though I have little or no interest in some of the subjects at hand. As a moderator I have to read every post on the General Board and try to make sure that everyone plays nicely together. I have had to do very little in that regard. I have learned so much, fished new places, tried new methods, made new friends, and enjoyed the good-natured competition of the contests since joining. I never expected to be a moderator; in fact when wiperhunter2 asked if I had ever considered being one I said no I hadn't because I didn't believe I had the skills or experience to be one. I was surprised and flattered that he would ask me; I thought he was just asking if sometime in the future he might keep me in mind as a possibility. I found out that I had more of the skills required and have learned a lot since then.

As an educator I am inclined to share almost anything I learn. I try not to share anything that someone wants to keep secret--I respect that. (Be sure to tell me you don't want me to share your secret spot or whatever you tell me about.) Someone recently shared information on here about a small water that can't stand much pressure. Some time back I read some posts (not even sure it was on here, but probably was) where some members took another to task for revealing this same place. I realize that there are situations where it is best to keep something to oneself and I respect that but am surprised sometimes at what members won't share. But I won't mention it.

As my wife says, "Don't should on me!" I try to live by that.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[quote TubeDude]
[#0000ff]I would like to think that most of what I splatter on these boards is worthwhile. I do have my detractors but I ain't gonna pet the sweaty stuff...or however that goes.
[/#0000ff][/quote]

I for one ALWAYS enjoy what you you have to splatter. Keep on keeping on.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks. I needed that.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Where all did you work the old Aardvarks ? Any time on them at McClellan?
I had some hands on experience at RAF Lakenheath in 1982. As an ECS troop, I can't say I ever enjoyed working them.
[signature]

Cool
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]I've been a member since Sep, '07 and have 2500 + posts. I used to post more, but have gotten to the point where posting is a chore if I don't have something interesting to add or haven't fished a lake/reservoir that hasn't been reported on lately. One of the reasons for that is that I'm active (daily) on at least a dozen forums covering fishing, hunting, guns & shooting, and cooking. There's just no time to post a lot anymore. I do appreciate others who post a lot and for the most part enjoy their insight on varied topics. I don't always agree, but enjoy them. Especially from all you young whipper snappers. [cool]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
72'-76' Travis AFB C5, C141, 76'-80' Hill AFB F4, F16, 81'-82' Mare Island Naval Shipyard-Fast attack Nuclear Submarines, 82'-97' McClellan AFB-F111, A10, F106, F15, T39, A7, KC135, F4, 97'-99' Tinker AFB-B52, 99'-11' Hill AFB F16 & retirement.
Here I am adding to my post count.
[signature]
Don't forget the "perks" of simply posting to post. You get access to the premium board where only premium members can discuss all the secrets....lol...I am one of those who doesn't post arbitrarily for the sake of meeting some obligation to remain on the premium board....hence why I was banished....lol.
[signature]
You need to learn to say "way to go" or "nice" to every post, you'll be to 10,000 before you know it!
[signature]
Interesting so on the secret forum how does that generate revenue? For me I’m not on that page as from what I’ve been told there’s nothing posted that couldn’t be posted on the open forum.

So hopefully a moderator can qualify if also posting on secret forum helps BFT generate revenue...????
[signature]
Not a very well kept secret, everyone seems to know of its existence even if they choose to not post there.
[signature]
Thanks.
[signature]
Guess I haven’t let it stop me, but I probably should have. Looking forward to your lure write up. Thanks J
[signature]
[#0000ff]It is on the Premium Board.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff] [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Oh goodie. Got another post.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]PS...If you are not able to access the premium board and would like a copy of the 48 page writeup on Lure Fishing, send me a PM with your email address. It is a 5mb file.
[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sorry I guess I switched boards... and I knew where it was just can't read it at work, but will check it out on the way home tonight... Thanks Jeff
[signature]
OK here is a question about posts.
Do Private message to some one count as a post?
[signature]

Cool
Had the same issue. Was on the Premium Forum, but because I don't Ice Fish and don't really have anything positive or even negative to contribute during the winter, my posts dropped off to the point where I wasn't maintaining the quota required. When I was advised of that, I just said to go ahead and pull me off the Premium Forum.
But it's no big deal

[fishon]
[signature]

Cool