Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 10/11
Took some of my high school buddies up to Strawberry last Friday. They had never experienced the Fall Frenzy up there this time of year. I was a little concerned with the large cold front that had just moved through, dropping the air tempts to a balmy 22 degrees when we started at 0900. Headed to East Portal, and there wasn't a lick of wind. Throwing our usual white tube jigs on 1/4oz heads, it was a slow start to the day. Flat water isn't ideal, but we did pick up a few each the first couple hours....then a nice breeze picked up and it was on! floating across East Portal bay, we were nailing slot cutties nearly every cast. We caught a handful that barely busted the slot. All cutts with one random, nice bow. Great day, caught around 30 fish each. Love it up there...just wish I lived closer.
[signature]
Great report and pics, I especially like that spot pattern of the one on the right. Was there any size to the single bow that was caught?
[signature]
I know for some it's a love / hate relationship with Berry cuts, but I love the way they look. Those are some real nice ones.
[signature]
[quote Cowboypirate]I know for some it's a love / hate relationship with Berry cuts, but I love the way they look. Those are some real nice ones.[/quote]

hate them when fishing for kokanee but love them this time of year, the big ones are good fighters. not like a kokanee, but OK
[signature]
great pictures ! I bet your friends had a blast.
[signature]