Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fliggin Finale at Willard 12-3-19
Regarding heating pads Amazon has some deals on 12 v. Heating pads and blankets. Great for the side by side.
[signature]
Great report and pics as usual Pat, glad you were able to get out there an find out they a still biting. Those new flig colors look pretty coo[cool]. Was Kent D out there yesterday?
[signature]
[#0000FF]I don't think Kent was. But John O. was. He drove up and accosted me as I was launching my tube. Forced me to sell him some more fligs.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]As I kicked by near where he was fishing off the docks he indicated he had caught one perch. I had already caught two. Big whoop.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Got a call a while ago from another Willardite. He said it was socked in solid with fog. Said there were quite a few dock dunkers working it over at the north marina.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Dwayne and Kent are planning to visit me on Friday to raid my stash.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Im not rich enough to put diamonds rubies emeralds on my hooks. But they sure look great. Is that blade gold?
[signature]
[#0000FF]If you are referring to the spinners...most of the ones I make currently use an inline spinner blade...like the Panther Martins. The traffic light pattern I put on a brass (gold) blade. I first put a coat of gold holographic glitter on and then the red, green and yellow spots. Really not expensive (individually) to make but would probably be spendy if you bought them at your fave tackle emporium.[/#0000FF]

[inline "TRAFFIC LIGHT.jpg"]
[signature]
Thanks for another exciting report and pictures. I'm glad you found some for the basket. I just looked at the weather forecast and the live image of the Provo Harbor. Ice that was partially covering it yesterday seems to be gone. Based on the forecast, I would guess the lower elevation waters will lose ice in the next week or so. You may get another trip or two in yet!
[signature]
[#0000FF]Doesn't look much like ice-making temps for a few days into the future. Might just have a final finale next week. That is if I can get out of my Masochists Anonymous meeting.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Aren't you the charman of that MA group? You can always delegate[Wink] Seriously though, your tenacity always amazes me.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I was chairman. Now I am more of a recliner chairman. Can't remember where I left my delegator boots...so when I don't show up they just go on without me anyway. Not that my presence ever makes much differments.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Tenacity? With inflation it is all the way up to 15acity. Gettin' harder to be able to afford being wacko.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Okay now, I gotta get back on my meds.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000FF]If you are referring to the spinners...most of the ones I make currently use an inline spinner blade...like the Panther Martins. The traffic light pattern I put on a brass (gold) blade. I first put a coat of gold holographic glitter on and then the red, green and yellow spots. Really not expensive (individually) to make but would probably be spendy if you bought them at your fave tackle emporium.[/#0000FF]

[/quote]
woah that's some daddy issue spinners right there
you store em on a pole?
The only thing betters than fishing vicariously thru the dude
would be vicariously catching poopfish
ya know the are addicting
next thing ya know youll be trying to figure out a trip to India/Nepal
to fish for the holy grail of da carps
[Image: copy%20Klug%20Photos%20-%20India%202013%...s9t7yh.jpg]
cause I doubt udnr is gonna start stocking mahseers any time soon
[signature]
[#0000FF]I have watched a few fishing programs that showed catching mahseers. I'd love to get in some hand to fin combat with a few. But my India/Nepal travel connections are not working these days.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I have also wondered what it would be like to battle one of those huge (up to 300#) carp from the Mekong River. Bet they would give your whippy stick a workout.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF][inline "MEKONG CARP.jpg"]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]