Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deeper Chirp Castable Fishfinder. - first trial run
Cookie , I mean Santa, got me a Deeper Chirp Castable fish finder. I have been eye balling these little babies all summer, thinking they would sure be nice to read the structure within casting range, from shore. I took it out to Willard mid day today for a trial run. Lots of open water in the North Marina for cast practice. I cast it in a fan pattern and then walked the whole edge of the dock.

My initial thoughts.

Super cool tech for nerds like me

I could get a great image of the bottom as I reeled in and can save it as a map for future reference

I could get water temp ( surface )

Floaters and gunk can get it Confused to thinking it see fish.

I need to study the settings. See above bullet point

It has a ice fishing mode - will try it this weekend

It did not attract fish - we got skunked, but we were really not fishing, mostly playing with the toy.

A few more tutorial youtube videos to watch and then out to serious business with actual fishing with it.

Here is a link if you are wondering what I am using

https://deepersonar.com/us/en_us/product...onar-chirp
[signature]
I used the original Deeper Pro for several years. Putting it on clear ice with a little bit of water on top works great for looking through the ice without having to drill, I usually pour a little hot water on an old hole and put the Deeper on top of it. Only problem is you have to bring a battery to charge it. My deeper seems to work a lot better when it's touching the side of the hole so I tie a string to it and tie it to something like a bucket and keep it tight against the side of the hole.
[signature]
At 300 bills I hope your using some strong poundage line when casting from the shore. That would be a shame to cast it out and have the line break to watch it float away in the wind.
[signature]
Good advice. I will try this
[signature]
You sound just like my wife Wink

She closed her eyes on my first cast.

Ya, my test casts were with my catfish rod and very gently tossed. Like lopping a rotten egg at Easter
[signature]