Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's get the parks reopened !!!
Took a drive up to Vernon reservoir this evening. Counted 91 camp trailers and 107 trucks with ATV/4 wheeler trailers. To put that into perspective, we have 73 residential homes if you count all the homes in our valley. Easter weekend will be double that up there. I sincerely hope people stay safe and healthy. But who knows? There in lies the problem. Basketball, football, soccer, rodeo and nascar are all shutdown. Wish we didn't need the government for people to be forced to use common sense.
i only took offense to someone needing to tell me the color of the 44th leader of the greatest country in the world skin
as if such things mattered 
All i know is i took an oath and served as an infantryMAN with american MEN and woMAN to defend the rights of all our countryMEN
with my brothers from differnt mothers of a melting pot of ethnitisities.
In the last 2 1/2 decades my life has revolved around walking up and sliding down snow covered slopes
I have attended multiple celebrations of life of freinds who passed living on this edge that i cant explain to you
The friends i have, my vocation, my vacations, my wife , our free time, all this is based and supported by a bond with mother nature and the things we feel give our lives purpose and meaning
I have given this up do to the risks and not wanting to stress the healh care system or expose my sar friends
But it and fishing is the fabric of our lives.
At its core it seems to me this is about essentails and risk tolerances
both of which are highly subjectable and differnt to all
im here because if you ask me
what i do? or who i am?
the phrases skier and fisherMAN will be spoken in the 1st paragraph
thanks for moderating in a proffesional manner mod squad
im almost positive i was the only boat on the jordan yesterday
[Image: IMG_6569_zps9ztsvkyr.jpg]
and the only boat on the bear fri
[Image: IMG_6481%202_zps2mj4xdrj.jpg]

and i can assure the bo i will not be in his hood till this viruspoopnado is over
and my guidlines for aceptable risk and what im allowed to still do come from a gits paid letters of higher edjumacation behind her name high $$ for 30+ years of health care professionalism, whose i took another oath to spend my life with and her wisdom has servered us well the past 25
and i posted this before but its in the bft v. 1.0 graveyard and it aint gonna hurt here
keep throwin the thoughts prayers and vibes to the Prine clan and fans
i try not to pass judgement on others but its hard
i likes to thinks im gitti better at whistlin fishin and forgivin
https://youtu.be/WNuuBfWFYvQ
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
Here is another point of view on this matter.

[Image: sKkccu4.jpg]
as someone who spent a lifetime on steep pitched roofs in a fall and die envoirment and has an arcom for firstaid treatment in a training exercise accident vrs. a  safe cubicle and living on the edge engaged in high adreline sports
my definition of danger may slightly differ.
whether you respect that or not or my service to the country isnt for me to decide
best if you do you and i do me
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
(04-04-2020, 12:52 AM)Bovineowner Wrote: So here is another perspective- I am a volunteer firefighter/first responder in a tiny town...

Bovineowner you have 100% support from me.  I for one are grateful for what you do as a "volunteer firefighter/first responder".