Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water temps?
(09-16-2020, 04:59 PM)catchinon Wrote: Fishing was fantastic.

Fishing is always fantastic.  How was the catching? Wink
My mistake--that was an opinion and I should stick to facts and let you draw your own conclusions. I caught 34 channel cats in 8 hours of fishing. That's one every 14.117647 minutes on average. I got a lot of doubles and at one point had three fish in the boat at the same time.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(09-10-2020, 03:55 PM)TubeDude Wrote: This week's bout of wind and cold have probably knocked water temps down a few degrees.  Anybody got current temps for Willard and/or Utah Lake?  Once the temps get much below about 65 I wimp out and put on the waders again.
Not for those waters, but I did float on Deer creek this morning and the water at 630 this morning was at 64 degrees. Lake level is getting pretty low. No island, only a peninsula. Some brown bass action vertically jigging. No other species were harmed or showed interest today. 
Gabe
(09-19-2020, 12:28 AM)Freakyfisherman Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 03:55 PM)TubeDude Wrote: This week's bout of wind and cold have probably knocked water temps down a few degrees.  Anybody got current temps for Willard and/or Utah Lake?  Once the temps get much below about 65 I wimp out and put on the waders again.
Not for those waters, but I did float on Deer creek this morning and the water at 630 this morning was at 64 degrees. Lake level is getting pretty low. No island, only a peninsula. Some brown bass action vertically jigging. No other species were harmed or showed interest today. 
Gabe
Still a bit early for the walleyes to be going deep.  I have caught some good ones early in the morning off the outside point of the island this time of year...and for another two or three weeks.  Then the bass and walleyes start dropping into deeper water.  No perch?
(09-19-2020, 02:27 AM)TubeDude Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 12:28 AM)Freakyfisherman Wrote:
Gabe
Still a bit early for the walleyes to be going deep.  I have caught some good ones early in the morning off the outside point of the island this time of year...and for another two or three weeks.  Then the bass and walleyes start dropping into deeper water.  No perch?
I was fishing a point in rainbow bay that I have scored walleye through the ice. I wasn't near the island. Just letting you know the lake level. I am pretty sure all I was marking were smallmouth with an occasional slimer in the upper water column over deeper water.