Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad news for pineview anglers
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...0417985957
(01-23-2021, 05:03 AM)Lipnrip Wrote: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...d=18694041
Sad
Would someone please summarize that for those of us who refuse to visit that detestable website?
(01-23-2021, 01:19 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Would someone please summarize that for those of us who refuse to visit that detestable website?

+1
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Basically Weber county is going to enforce the no parking signs out at cemetary point.  Huntsville city tried to get the forest service to open the lot, but they left it up to the contractor, who will not open it.  With the parking lot gate closed and locked, people have been parking along the road.  They will now be ticketed. People are going to have to find another place to access the ice.
(01-23-2021, 01:19 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Would someone please summarize that for those of us who refuse to visit that detestable website?
You got it Rocky Big Grin :

https://huntsvilletown.com/news-detail?item_id=8046 Wrote:Hello Residents and Lovers of Winter Recreation!

Huntsville Town has been experiencing heavy traffic and parking at Cemetery Point. The gate to the large beach parking at Cemetery Point has been open during the Winter in prior years. Due to a change in Forest Service vendors, the gate to this parking lot is currently locked and no parking is allowed in the beach area. 

The Town Council has approached the Forest Service and they are unable to accommodate the desire of the Town Council to open the gate. This has impacted parking on the main road and in Huntsville Cemetery. There are now safety and access concerns at Cemetery Point due to the popularity of winter recreation and lack of available parking.

After discussion with the Weber County Sheriff, the Town Council has decided to enforce the no parking signs on the road to the Cemetery. We recognize that in the past weeks parking on the road has not been enforced as we have been working to resolve this issue. [b]We wanted to make all residents and visitors aware that the no parking zones on the main road will now be enforced and tickets will be issued. [/b]The no parking area is clearly marked.

[b]Residents parking passes are not valid in these areas in any season. Please be aware that you can receive a parking ticket if you are a resident of Huntsville Town and parking in the area of 100 South at Cemetery Point, even if you have a pass.[/b]

Parking enforcement will be by the Weber County Sheriff's Department.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Pineview has essentially been turned over to the power squadron.
(01-23-2021, 04:20 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Pineview has essentially been turned over to the power squadron.

The boat launch fees took a jump this year as well.  Here is the fee schedule for the 2021 Season.

Utah Recreation Company 2021 Fees Wrote:OGDEN DISTRICT
Pineview Reservoir Day Use Pass - $180

Pineview Reservoir and Strawberry Reservoir Season Boat Launch Pass - $197

Pineview Reservoir and Strawberry Reservoir Weekly Day Use Pass - $75.00 *will be available on site*
Pineview Reservoir and Strawberry Reservoir Weekly Boat Launch Pass - $75.00 *will be available on site*

You'll notice there isn't any mention of a fee for just a one day launch.  They may have one, but it isn't mentioned on their website.  I would guess the 'Weekly' day use pass would be good for a 7 continuous days period.  Concessionaire run Federal Recreational area are now a total rip-off IMHO.  And it's only going to get worse.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
It would be nice to have the State Parks take over Pineview from the Forest Service. The Forest Service is constantly leasing out their sites to large contractors that have no interest in serving the public. The contractors main goal is making a profit. It’s a poor way to manage public lands and facilities but its easy and less expensive for the forest service.
How about we get some pressure from our Representatives and Senators on this !! Maybe Mittens can use his "influence" with the Biden regime to get the Feds to turn it over. We need to lobby Gov. Cox also to put pressure on them. I have not fished either Strawberry or Pineview for over 20 years due to the crap that the vendors have been laying out. As mentioned earlier, they don't give a S*** about the public and I am not going to support them in any way. This is just the latest in a grab for power. $75.00 for a "weekly pass". What a load of bovine scataglogy!!!
I'd rather just find another fishing spot then leave ankther voicemail or email that will never be actually considered.
anyone actually surprised by any of this? if so, you must not stem from utah
Says park anywhere  you want!
You funny man. Numba ten GI.
I just got an email .  The sender wishes to remain anonymous but asked that I post this info:

I have been doing some digging on why the gate has remained closed at Pineview Reservoir at Cemetary Point.  The Forest Service has intentionally closed the gate and complaints can be sent to the Salt Lake headquarters at this number.  We have a meeting this Friday to hear an in-depth explanation of why it is closed and I can update you after that meeting.   

Uinta Wasatch Cache National Forests Headquarters
801-999-2103  

I feel it is important for anglers to be able to voice their frustration about the reduction in access.

Would you be willing to provide the contact number to the members of the group in that post to give them a channel to voice their concerns but still is supportive of our partnership etc with the Forest Service?
(01-26-2021, 06:23 PM)TubeDude Wrote: I just got an email .  The sender wishes to remain anonymous but asked that I post this info:

I have been doing some digging on why the gate has remained closed at Pineview Reservoir at Cemetary Point.  The Forest Service has intentionally closed the gate and complaints can be sent to the Salt Lake headquarters at this number.  We have a meeting this Friday to hear an in-depth explanation of why it is closed and I can update you after that meeting.   

801-999-2103  

I feel it is important for anglers to be able to voice their frustration about the reduction in access.

Would you be willing to provide the contact number to the members of the group in that post to give them a channel to voice their concerns but still is supportive of our partnership etc with the Forest Service?
I posted some information on this last week at this link: Pineview drive-by. (bigfishtackle.com)Scroll down to post number 8 in that thread.  If the upcoming meeting produces more or different information, please post it.  My information came directly from the District Ranger.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(01-27-2021, 04:26 AM)dubob Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 06:23 PM)TubeDude Wrote: I just got an email .  The sender wishes to remain anonymous but asked that I post this info:

801-999-2103  

I posted some information on this last week at this link: Pineview drive-by. (bigfishtackle.com)Scroll down to post number 8 in that thread.  If the upcoming meeting produces more or different information, please post it.  My information came directly from the District Ranger.
I am supposedly "in the loop" to receive feedback on the meeting.  But don't wait with bait on your breath.  I will do my best to follow up.