Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truck Project
I have owned my 2000 F250 since 02'. Done a few projects with it over the years but one I did immediately is installed a 2" leveling kit. The kit only raised the front end and nothing required in the rear. The truck had a descent smooth ride as a stock truck but as soon as the leveling kit went on the ride stiffened up. I drove it like that ever since, got use to it. This past year I found a new system that I can install to help smooth out the ride again, fingers crossed. It consists of installing a Sulastic spring replacing the shackle on the rear of both front leaf springs. Sulastic springs can also be installed on the rear leaf springs but since this truck had a stock smooth ride in the beginning I'm installing the Sulastic on the front only. Installing these whether on the front/rear or both is not suppose to interfere with the integrity of the 3/4T. This is a pricy item at $420 for a pair. I also have the option to further the smooth ride by installing rear Sulastic springs.

Sulastic Rubber Springs| Dodge Ram/Ford PowerStroke/GM 2500/3500 (dieselpowerproducts.com)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how...&FORM=VIRE
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I'm in a bone-stock S10 but I want to put some Bilstein shocks on it so I can take it into rougher places. It raises it up a little but not a lot. Your F250 sounds like a solid truck.
I usually get the ProComp shocks for their affordability which is also a good shock but the redesign of the front shock where they inverted the plunger to the axle end was leaking on 2 sets(original set warranty). After 2nd set started leaking I went to the Bilstein up front and still running ProComp on rear. Next change will be Bilstein all around.
Got those rubber shackles installed and noticed a difference in how the front handled some of the rough areas especially railroad tracks. Also installation instructions says it will add 1/2" in height instead I ended up with 1 1/2". I wasn't banking on that since already having a 2" leveling kit installed years earlier. Now I'm in deep thought to add the rubber shackles to the rear.  Huh
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Hey, get some boots with real tall heels so you can get up in that sucker.  Wink Sounds like a fun project and something I need to do.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

excellent . I agree. I think you can get a pair of them at a cheaper price. It only takes a little creativity.