Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo update
(12-28-2021, 06:24 AM)Boundless Bryce Wrote: I went to Echo today. Parked next to ramp and walked to the other side of the reservoir. Ice is 4 inches thick. One or to large cracks in the ice sheet, but avoidable. Caught two 'bows in 14-20' on tiny jigs (pics below) and my buddy caught a 'bow and 2 perch. The perch were on the bottom. We were getting in the car just as the blizzard hit. Craziest snow I've ever driven in. All in all, a good daySmile

Thanks for the report, were there a lot of people there?
(12-28-2021, 01:51 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 06:24 AM)Boundless Bryce Wrote: I went to Echo today. Parked next to ramp and walked to the other side of the reservoir. Ice is 4 inches thick. One or to large cracks in the ice sheet, but avoidable. Caught two 'bows in 14-20' on tiny jigs (pics below) and my buddy caught a 'bow and 2 perch. The perch were on the bottom. We were getting in the car just as the blizzard hit. Craziest snow I've ever driven in. All in all, a good daySmile

Thanks for the report, were there a lot of people there?

There were probably 20 to 30 groups on the whole lake, and probably 20 of those groups were right next to the state park ramp entrance.

I wonder, is the section by the ramp where everyone sets up camp good for rainbows or perch or does everybody just set up there because it's close and they don't have to walk very far?
Be boundless,
Bryce (Fisheries and Aquatic Science, USU)
(12-28-2021, 04:18 PM)Boundless Bryce Wrote: I wonder, is the section by the ramp where everyone sets up camp good for rainbows or perch or does everybody just set up there because it's close and they don't have to walk very far?
Yes! Cool
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
That is where we set up today and caught perch and trout, so as Dubob said, yes to both, it is close and people catch fair numbers of perch and trout there. later it gets bounded so much, that it's just better to get away from the crowds. There wasn't many people in that area today, likely about the same total numbers you saw but they were scattered from the dam, all along to the ramp and beyond. Saw one snow dog out there.
(12-28-2021, 09:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: That is where we set up today and caught perch and trout, so as Dubob said, yes to both, it is close and people catch fair numbers of perch and trout there. later it gets bounded so much, that it's just better to get away from the crowds. There wasn't many people in that area today, likely about the same total numbers you saw but they were scattered from the dam, all along to the ramp and beyond. Saw one snow dog out there.
Sounds like lots of people out. How much snow?  I want to bring the four wheeler, how much ice.  
How you got some good sized perch.
About two inches, maybe a little more but not bad for walking or using an ATV, ice was 4.5". I'll post a report in a few minutes.