Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Strawberry Winter Rendezvous Saturday 2/5
(02-03-2022, 01:13 AM)Troutster Wrote: I’ll be up there at that time Saturday morning with my son-in-law and a friend. If I wasn’t entertaining I would join you guys. I bought a sled last year based on advice from folks on BFT. Hope we all get into them! I’d say hi up there but I don’t know any of you guys. I’ll be in a 2017 white F150 and a black skidoo. If I see a snow-dog I’ll speak up.  Good luck!

We wont be hard to find we will be congregating around the base of the launch ramp just before 7:00am come say hi if you see us.
Got word 2Knotts is joining us with some machines . The plan is to unload at 6:30am at the lodge and assemble at the base of the launch ramp where we will head out around 7:00am east towards Bear Paw where we will spread out shelters and camps over a wide area with in site of each other and those of us that like to move can make the rounds visiting and fishing. For any late arrivals who want to find us or just to give fishing reports and updates and any questions you can text or call me at 801-419-5228 I'm looking forward to seeing the usual and new folks.
It could be helpful if you had a flag or some way to recognize each other. When your out on the ice..
Craig add me to the list, I’m bringing a sled and an atv for obi to ride
Good hunting, hope you can find then Craig. Let's see some great pictures!!
(02-04-2022, 09:47 PM)2knots Wrote: Craig add me to the list, I’m bringing a sled and an atv for obi to ride

Gotcha, Alan. Good to have you along.

(02-05-2022, 12:11 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: Good hunting, hope you can find then Craig.  Let's see some great pictures!!

Thanks Verdean. I'll do my best to catch some bigguns. We'll miss you but you have fun with the kiddos.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I’m anxious to see the report! Mostly curious about ice thickness as I’ll be heading up there tomorrow morning in my 4 seat razor so I’ll need lots of ice! Good luck
(02-05-2022, 04:16 PM)T-Boz Wrote: I’m anxious to see the report! Mostly curious about ice thickness as I’ll be heading up there tomorrow morning in my 4 seat razor so I’ll need lots of ice! Good luck

No need to wait for the report.  You will have plenty of ice for your "4 seat razor" and any other suitable vehicle, as long as you avoid the areas around where rivers (especially,in front of The Ladders) enter Strawberry.
I figured, maybe I should’ve “air quoted” my 1800 lb vehicle instead of 4seater?? I don’t know, Last I read was 14” of ice but wanted to get a confirmation of thickness in the center of the lake out of the marina as that’ll be the route I take
(02-05-2022, 09:09 PM)T-Boz Wrote: I figured, maybe I should’ve “air quoted” my 1800 lb vehicle instead of 4seater?? I don’t know, Last I read was 14” of ice but wanted to get a confirmation of thickness in the center of the lake out of the marina as that’ll be the route I take

No worries there is over 14" of clear ice with 2" of crusty snow on top for traction perfect travel conditions.

No Kokanees where harmed today, but the trout where willing, I caught 47 Cutts and 2 nice Rainbows most from just under the ice to 10'  and  a good number from 20-30' I got them on my white with red flake Gitzilla tipped with meal worm with and without a dodger above it. It was great seeing JBSparkie, thanks for the drill. Brookie came and said hi and fished around us for a couple hours before heading south in the search for Kokes, I hope he found some. Craig got to show off his fancy sled and catch some cutts and a nice Rainbow, thanks for bringing my Maniac order. Sean lost a Kokanee at the hole and a big thanks to Allen for driving and providing a sled and four wheeler. My buddy Tony brought his wife on her first ice fishing trip and she caught over 20. Over all a very nice day with perfect weather.
Fun trip and got to meet new faces to me from the BFT community, thanks for setting it up. Weather was great for most of the day even starting out at -8, but clear skies and no wind until early afternoon was awesome
Sounds like a great day out! Congrats on the success and I hope to repeat it tomorrow! Looking to go a couple miles across the lake to a spot that’s treated me well in the past! Also what is the parking fee there so I’m prepared?
It was a great day. I did not catch as many as Obi but got a few, no kokes. Great to be on the ice with you guys.
(02-06-2022, 02:48 AM)T-Boz Wrote: Sounds like a great day out! Congrats on the success and I hope to repeat it tomorrow! Looking to go a couple miles across the lake to a spot that’s treated me well in the past! Also what is the parking fee there so I’m prepared?

$12 payable to the lodge when you leave, its the honor system to pay for the road plowing.
(02-06-2022, 02:52 AM)brookie Wrote: It was a great day. I did not catch as many as Obi but got a few, no kokes. Great to be on the ice with you guys.

Did you see other non-affiliated BFT'r catch kokes??
(02-06-2022, 03:04 AM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 02:52 AM)brookie Wrote: It was a great day. I did not catch as many as Obi but got a few, no kokes. Great to be on the ice with you guys.

Did you see other non-affiliated BFT'r catch kokes??

No Koke sightings at all, if I go back to target Kokes I'm going to try the Soldier Creek side most of the successful Ice  koke reports I see on the web come from that side.