Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which sonar do you prefer?
I'd sure love to get me one but I just don't go enough to justify it.
(12-17-2022, 12:25 PM)Gone Forever Wrote: Did you get the GT 20 or the GT 52 transducer?

I like to mount my transducer on a separate rod attached to the transom.  That makes it so I don't have to drill holes below the waterline, which I just don't like to do.

It also makes micro adjustments easier to do and makes the unit semi portable to take on vacations and mount on rental boats. Although I have a CV 4 that fills that purpose very well.

What is the boat it is going on? Aluminum or fiberglass?  Deep V"?  What angle of deadrise?

16 ft aluninum  bass tracker.  25 years old 
[Image: 20210315-113653.jpg]
I'm interested in a electric trolling motor mount just to start with.  I have a striker 4 that I'm going to leave mounted.
(12-17-2022, 12:25 PM)Gone Forever Wrote: Did you get the GT 20 or the GT 52 transducer?

I like to mount my transducer on a separate rod attached to the transom.  That makes it so I don't have to drill holes below the waterline, which I just don't like to do.

It also makes micro adjustments easier to do and makes the unit semi portable to take on vacations and mount on rental boats. Although I have a CV 4 that fills that purpose very well.

What is the boat it is going on? Aluminum or fiberglass?  Deep V"?  What angle of deadrise?

The Garmin p/n 010-10249-20 for the transducer.  This is how I rigged up to ice fish.
[Image: image.jpg]
The unit comes with a mount for the trolling motor, Does it not?  If so that's EZ.  You just measure the circumference of the trolling motor and get the right size hose clamp for it.  Some use heavy duty Zip Ties.

For the Tracker if it has deadrise at the stern it's a bit tougher but if it's flat it's eazy.  I mount mine on a piece of 1/2" PVC that fits right between the ears on the transducer then attach that with a screw to the exterior of the transom above the waterline.  If I am traveling I take the screw out and the PVC pipe can be C-clamped to the transom of rentals.

I've got a 37 yr old Mirror Craft, 16'.  Work in progress, did interior last year, I'll redo the front box this spring. 

[Image: 20220730-205423.jpg]