Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Flotilla
Thanks Lynn for the follow up on that... I know the state if funny about official contests and they got too complicated for me to keep up with all their requirements and that's why we don't do the fish contest anymore as part of our gathering... it was fun, but it's more fun to just go and fish and then gather and tell stories that you don't have to prove..... plus it takes a lot of pressure off thinking you have to catch fish and most of the time everyone will do better without the stress of looking for a winner... Just my take after trying it several years before I learned better... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Side bet 10$ buy in for the longest cat ? unofficial just guys having fun!
I don't want anyone to forget about the Flotilla or not even hear about it. We would like to know who all is bringing a boat and if you have room for any fishers available. Also let us know if you'd like to join somebody on their boat. I know of a couple of open spots. I'm bringing my Tracker but won't have room for anybody else.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Craig unless things go sideways on me I'm planning on coming with my boat and I will be taking Biggriggs and Landon with me, so I have a boat load... I think Landon is Lilriggs on the forum.. So that will be three in our group.... (Provided I can still get away, my farming cycle is getting very compressed this year so I might not be able to get away..) But hope to see everyone there... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
OK!  Which of the pavilions do you plan to use? and where should we plan to park boats?  rj
Richard, we are going to be in the larger of the two, can't remember what it's called off the top of my head but I'll post it when I figure it out. I think it will be handiest if we park boats in front of the main building there, on its east side. That should be pretty close to the pavillion. One change that I will mention here is that we are planning on our potluck lunch to start at 11:30 with awards to follow.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I'll be there, turns out I'll have a full boat after all.
Thanks for letting me know, Fritz. Who are you bringing?

My daughter is coming and my girlfriend got the day off to come to. We got 3 carp today I scaled and fileted and cut into portions to bring for anyone who wants some
[Image: 20230509-194950.jpg]

[Image: 20230509-180457.jpg]
Nice catch

I’ll also be there. Camping at the state park for a week
(05-10-2023, 02:05 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: My daughter is coming and my girlfriend  got the day off to come to. We got 3 carp today I scaled and fileted and cut into portions to bring for anyone who wants some
[Image: 20230509-194950.jpg]

[Image: 20230509-180457.jpg]

Your daughter seems to be turning into quite a little fishergirl. And you gotta love it that your girlfriend likes to fish too.

(05-10-2023, 09:01 PM)JazzyM Wrote: Nice catch

I’ll also be there. Camping at the state park for a week

It's good to know you'll be joining us.

Only four days to the Flotilla! Come one, come all. See the start of this thread for details.

Is there a sign up sheet for what to bring to the potluck? Just don't want to duplicate what someone else may be bringing.
Just confirming cookie and I will be there. She already has her Game Face on. Also want to acknowledge that we had multiple offers for a boat ride. Took the first offer. Looking forward to it.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Paul ribeyes will do I won't bring any to be sure of it
(05-17-2023, 02:36 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Paul ribeyes will do I won't bring any to be sure of it

Ha ha, thanks for the suggestion!
Help a utah lake noob. What should I bring for lures or bait?
I'm bringing my boat and I have room for 2 or 3.
I have a 21' cuddy. It will be me and my son.

So if you have experience and need a boat I will be your ride.

I live in Ogden and can give a ride. I also have a dog(if that matters)
I haven't even de-wintered my boat yet due to my back surgery, so I'm forced to back out of the flotilla this year.
(05-17-2023, 04:10 AM)Pennyfarmer2 Wrote: Help a utah lake noob. What should I bring for lures or bait?
I'm bringing my boat and I have room for 2 or 3.
I have a 21' cuddy. It will be me and my son.

So if you have experience and need a boat I will be your ride.

I live in Ogden and can give a ride.  I also have a dog(if that matters)

We usually troll santee cooper rigs or similar (weight to keep it on the bottom, float to get it up off the bottom a little) with cut bait (fresh white bass is best). Slow trolling at 0.5-0.6 mph.

jack of all tackle, master of none
I was trolling carp chunks at 1mph last weekend and got 11. They'll be shallower this weekend after these 80 degree Temps, 2fow or less spawning.