Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Standings Spring Challenge
    June 1st Update, not a lot of changes, but only 30 days left counting today... Contest ends on June 30th as a reminder... We also got a list for the June prize drawing, not as many folks entered fish in May so you will have a 1 in 13 chance of being the lucky winner this month... Good luck in the drawing...  Here's the current standings and good luck this month as you finish up the spring challenge... Later Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
    Hey All,
Sorry I'm so slow getting updated this go around... This is how I had hoped the scoring of this contest would work out, it seems like noone is staying on top for too long at a time... Paul has now moved into number 1 for this week, congrats... Fun to see how consistency across the six divisions adds up to a top score... I don't think Paul has any top fish, but has lots of top four or five fish and that is good enough to be on top.. Anyway here are the scores... Later Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey guys just had another lead change Brett (Joatman) is now on top, so Craigs prediction came true... Now will he stay there?  I see a sleeper in the crowd, notice Ira (Wiperslayer1) lurking just needing a catfish to come out on top.... Will Ira take a trip to Utah Lake???? Or will Willard provide a worthy cat???? Those are the questions we will face in the last 8 days of this contest.... Not to say that any of the rest of you won't end up on top with one or two different fish in your basket, it's still anyone's contest... What are your thoughts by now?  Do you like this format?  I sure like it from an interesting one to watch, it has so many twists and turns... Thanks everyone for indulging me and trying this format, this is what I had hoped the contest would be like where we have good competition right to the end and no one totally runs away with the challenge so others don't keep trying... Hope you're having fun!!!  Later Jeff

[Image: catcon62223.jpg]

Another weekend and another leader going into the home stretch.. Jon regained the top spot with a trip to Scofield with Jim... Congrats you two on nice trout to add to your scores...  Hey this contest is going to go down to the wire it looks like... Friday is the last day to catch fish for this spring challenge, get your entries in by Saturday night July 1st.  I'll update the scores and announce the winner on Monday July 3rd... Here are the score sheet updates so you can figure out what you need to catch to end up on top.. Thanks everyone for keeping this exciting... Later J

Attached Files Image(s)

Going to try and give you an update every time we have a lead change this week up to the end..  Anyway Craig got his fish and has now tied Jon for first place... Here's the stats so you know how to plan your next fishing trip... congrats Craig way to set a goal and go get it...  

Three and a half days left, good luck... Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

(06-27-2023, 02:19 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Going to try and give you an update every time we have a lead change this week up to the end..  Anyway Craig got his fish and has now tied Jon for first place... Here's the stats so you know how to plan your next fishing trip... congrats Craig way to set a goal and go get it...  

Three and a half days left, good luck... Jeff

Well I did not see any additional entries to the contest since this update.  So drum roll please for the Spring Challenge Winners
Over all Champions of the spring challenge is a tie between Dirtbag (Jon) and Catchinon (Craig) way to go you two really outlasted an ever changing lead and came in with the best overall score for this phase of the contest.. Congrats... I'll see what I can round up for a prize...
 Our top Catfish Category Winner is  Boatloadofkids (BLK aka Lynn) Congrats Lynn for a 31" monster which will follow you to the new catfish contest..
Our top Panfish winner is Wiperslayer1, way to go Ira for a 12.5" Perch
Our top Trout category winner is Joatmon with a 21" Cutthroat way to go Brett
Our top Bass is a tie between Craig and Ira, a wiper at 23.5" nice job you two
Our top Predator is hook_sets with a 27" Walleye, nice job Phong
And our top Other category winner is Ahi1953 with a 31.5" monster carp, way to go John for the biggest fish in this springs challenge...  

Well I really enjoyed watching the back and forth scores in the contest and I loved seeing so many different folks taking top honors in different categories, hope you all enjoyed this contest as much as I have.. Little bummed I didn't get to play along very much, but I'm glad you guys were all able to get out and have some fun... I will try to see what I can figure out for some prizes...  Sorry nothing big on the way, but we do want to give you the pat on the back for a job well done... Thanks for taking your time to enter and keep things fun... Later Jeff
Thanks for the recognition. I'm humbled that I was able to pull it off. I set a goal to win it later in the season after I got a few good fish. I believe that setting goals and striving toward reaching them can sometimes bring surprising success. I especially want to recognize my fishing partner, my brother Brett, known on here as joatmon. But for a little luck on my part he could have been the winner. Congrats also to DirtBag; he's quite a fisherman and a worthy competitor.

I'm looking forward to the fall contests. Thanks to you and Jim for doing them. I never got a carp for the Other category so I'm determined to spend the time it takes to get one. I'll copy Lynn and say I'm looking for a 36"er.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.