Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Friday
[quote="obifishkenobi" pid="1144914" dateline="1683434981"]

We marked a bunch of fish in the mouth of the rock creek arm but they were not interested in biting. The spot where I hung my ball in the tree was close to where you and Stan marked them on Wednesday. I think this was my first and last trip to Jordanelle for the year, work and family stuff is going to keep me off the water for a couple weeks, and once the ice is off the Berry, I’ll just keep on driving past Jordanelle.

I took a quick trip to Strawberry this afternoon. There were guys fishing "ice out" at the ladders. There was a big snow berm at the cabin parking lot off highway 40 so I was unable to drive to the Soldier Creek marina. There was no other open water at the access points along highway 40, nor at the main Strawberry marina but the ice looked grey and pretty sketchy. I think this is my last trip to Jordanelle as well. With my success, or lack thereof, I think I am going to Deer Creek tomorrow.
Got out about 6 on Wednesday. Water was muddy with tons of debris. Managed to get 1 koke, 4 bows, 1 brown. Lost something that popped the line put of the downrigger. I was so excited to have my daughter out with me and learning the downriggers I forgot to put on dodgers, which I didn't realize until the next day.. lol Definitely looking for the the berry opening up.

[Image: 20230509-191833.jpg]
(05-12-2023, 11:48 PM)danell Wrote: Got out about 6 on Wednesday. Water was muddy with tons of debris. Managed to get 1 koke, 4 bows, 1 brown. Lost something that popped the line put of the downrigger. I was so excited to have my daughter out with me and learning the downriggers I forgot to put on dodgers, which I didn't realize until the next day..  lol Definitely looking for the the berry opening up.

Great report and nice early season koke, sounds like you two had a great day, always nice to get the kids out and have success. How deep were you fishing with the riggers?
(05-13-2023, 12:33 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-12-2023, 11:48 PM)danell Wrote: Got out about 6 on Wednesday. Water was muddy with tons of debris. Managed to get 1 koke, 4 bows, 1 brown. Lost something that popped the line put of the downrigger. I was so excited to have my daughter out with me and learning the downriggers I forgot to put on dodgers, which I didn't realize until the next day..  lol Definitely looking for the the berry opening up.

Great report and nice early season koke, sounds like you two had a great day, always nice to get the kids out and have success. How deep were you fishing with the riggers?
15 and 20' koke came on pink hoochie w/bill and gulp maggot. Experimented with some cured corn w/ different scents. garlic bloody tuna paired w/ a white/chartreuse kcp caught the brown while the gulp maggots was responsible for the others.
(05-13-2023, 01:31 AM)danell Wrote:

15 and 20' koke came on pink hoochie w/bill and gulp maggot. Experimented with some cured corn w/ different scents. garlic bloody tuna paired w/ a white/chartreuse kcp caught the brown while the gulp maggots was responsible for the others.
Great info thanks for sharing with us.
(05-13-2023, 02:18 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 01:31 AM)danell Wrote:

Great info thanks for sharing with us.
Absolutely!