Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Morning Lost Creek
While Lost Creek has once more been designated a State Park, there hasn't been any real funding allocated to bring all of the required amenities (boat launch, bathrooms/pit toilets, camping spots, etc.) up to State Park standards.  I'm not even sure that when the launch ramp is upgraded that it will be in the same place as the current ramp.  I may be alone in my thinking, but I think it is better to have the wedge dock available for use of launching solo or making it easier for a few disabled folks in lieu of accessing the floating dock via rocky and uneven shoreline for wheelchair folks or those using crutches.  Be patient 'Grasshopper', you will get the improvements in time and after funding is allocated.  Echo took what - 5 years - to get to the status it is now in.  Lost Creek was just designated a State Park in 2022 or possibly 2021.  I doubt, seriously, that we will see all the needed changes planned much before 2026.  ? 

Just one man's opinion.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Awesome, I went up there the day before on 07/22/2023 fishing for kokes. We caught two rainbows around 15" but no kokes. We started a bit later than I would have liked though. The ramp is good but kind of tight.
(07-27-2023, 09:08 PM)cody121ydoc Wrote: Awesome, I went up there the day before on 07/22/2023 fishing for kokes.  We caught two rainbows around 15" but no kokes.  We started a bit later than I would have liked though.  The ramp is good but kind of tight.

Glad you got a few bows, did you catch any chubs? Were you trolling, if so how deep were the bows?