Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Gone but not forgotten
(03-27-2024, 12:35 AM)VividDawn9 Wrote: Well... THAT was an annoying hassle!  Thank you admin for fixing stuff for me Smile

Ahem, anyhoo... I'm back!
But in hospice, so enjoy me while ya can  LOL  I'm trying to stick it out until July, after my sister's wedding.

And I never did get a true business going with the tinkering, but did do a few projects for my dad and neighbor. It was fun!

So glad you are still with us.  Only met you the one time, but you make me Smile every time I read one of your posts.  It is unfortunate that we all don't treasure life, like you do.
Ben, ice_sled, and I have texted a few times. He's in good health and gets out a lot. He's been fishing for those big cats they have down there and has sent me some pictures of hogs he has "controlled." Night hunting looks like fun.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(03-14-2024, 06:04 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 05:35 PM)Envenomation09 Wrote: I remember a couple of regular posters on the old forum before the interface changed a few years ago. There was those tyedyetwins with the crazy hair and that character flyfishinglover. I've been here for a while I guess, just not always active.

Both of those "entities" are part of the "drifted off" contingent.  Lots of those from the past.  The twins got totally immersed in their professional education and I think they moved out of state.   Some of the changes in format have cost us a few members....and FaceBook forums.  But the harsh truth is that we are not the center of the fishing universe and cannot be all things to all people.  And when lifestyles, jobs or other factors dictate moving out of state...or at least temporarily changing fishing habits...some folks just don't click on our website any more.

It is a rare trip to Willard or other waters when I do not have "ghosts from the past" who recognize me and come over for a brief visit.  Also get a lot of "lurkers" who recognize me from my posts on BFT but who have never registered and/or do not contribute.  Some hardcore members resent those folks but I personally am glad they at least consider us a worthy resource.  And a lot of them eventually do sign on...once they determine that we are not like a lot of other forums that are contentious and degrading to "lesser" posters.  But the fact that there are often more takers than givers on the board is a reason not to "overdivulge" or "hot spot" locations that would not benefit from a horde of new harvesters.
The twins are still around.  One of them is running a lift at Snowbird this winter.
(03-13-2024, 05:10 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Along with Kent and WH2 I have been on BFT since 2002.  Have made a lot of friends and fished with a lot of fellow BFTers during that time.  And over the years I have maintained a computer file of all the names and personal info like email addresses, phone numbers, etc.

I was recently going through my list and felt some twinges as I came across some names.  A lot of my listings are no longer active on the board...moved away, just stopped posting...or have passed on to that big keyboard in the sky.

Posting some pictures of a few of my former BFT fishing buddies who are no longer "on this side".  I'm sure there are others with whom I have lost contact that are also departed.  And I recall postings from other members about other BFTers who "reached their expiration date".

Don't know how many of our current members knew the folks in the attached pics, but here they are for those who remember them.

[Image: GAME-ON.jpg] [Image: GEEZER-AND-THE-CAT.jpg] [Image: ICE-PRINCESS-AND-SHEYENNE.jpg]
[Image: LEAKY-AND-SPARKY.jpg] [Image: PRINCEFISHER-AFLOAT.jpg]

I’ve met Tom and Donna and I’ve fished with a few others like Kent, Fuzzyfisher and Fishhoind. I’ve even fished with you lol I’ve forgotten some names over the years but the memories don’t fade. 
(04-20-2024, 05:53 AM)ocean Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 05:10 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Along with Kent and WH2 I have been on BFT since 2002.  Have made a lot of friends and fished with a lot of fellow BFTers during that time.  And over the years I have maintained a computer file of all the names and personal info like email addresses, phone numbers, etc.

I was recently going through my list and felt some twinges as I came across some names.  A lot of my listings are no longer active on the board...moved away, just stopped posting...or have passed on to that big keyboard in the sky.

Posting some pictures of a few of my former BFT fishing buddies who are no longer "on this side".  I'm sure there are others with whom I have lost contact that are also departed.  And I recall postings from other members about other BFTers who "reached their expiration date".

Don't know how many of our current members knew the folks in the attached pics, but here they are for those who remember them.

[Image: GAME-ON.jpg] [Image: GEEZER-AND-THE-CAT.jpg] [Image: ICE-PRINCESS-AND-SHEYENNE.jpg]
[Image: LEAKY-AND-SPARKY.jpg] [Image: PRINCEFISHER-AFLOAT.jpg]

I’ve met Tom and Donna and I’ve fished with a few others like Kent, Fuzzyfisher and Fishhoind. I’ve even fished with you lol I’ve forgotten some names over the years but the memories don’t fade. 
Me and Geoffrey too. ?
A man needs to believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing! 
(04-20-2024, 05:53 AM)ocean Wrote: [quote pid="1153120" dateline="1710349846"]

[/quote]

Yeah, we had some good fishin' on Yuba and on Utah Lake.  Glad to see you back and still fishing.

[Image: OCEAN-COMING-IN.jpg]

(04-20-2024, 11:48 AM)lavaman Wrote: Me and Geoffrey too. ?

Yessir.  Rememberies of the days on Mantua.

[Image: TRAFFIC-JAM.jpg]