Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake (Lincoln Beach) Report 6/26/04
[cool]Thanks, kj, I agree, he was an ugly fish. The biggest freshwater fish I've caught, but also the ugliest. He sure fought hard though! Man, those Channel cats fight like crazy! I wonder what it'd be like to catch a wiper that big? The eyeball that's facing the camera was all messed up, but his other side looked a little more normal.
[signature]
[cool]Nice fish, mgb, and ha69. Looks like you all had a great time over there. I was fishing that long point that you can see in that first picture. There's a nice little channel that comes in right there. Lincoln Beach rules!! Sure was hot yesterday though, eh?
[signature]
Was that 6:45 am ? Where were you fishing ? We were in waders
about 10 ft from shore out by the third spring .....
[signature]
Hey Champ, the place you're referring to behind Geneva Steel is called the bubble up. I went there on Sat. for a half an hour with my little sis. and we caught 6 fish -- I caught 4 mudders and she caught two channels, the biggest was about 3 lbs. and 20 inches long.
[signature]
[cool]Yeah, that was 6:45 a.m. I saw you and the dude that was with you. I was fishing just to the right of you, next to that middle age couple that were catchin the mudcats. I was wearing the Crocadile Dundee type hat over there by myself. I didn't start getting lucky till after you guys left, I think. I went just a bit south of that and fished that nice channel that comes in there at 3rd spring. It drops off there nicely. I had my bait rigged 4-5 feet under my bobber and never snagged up once. How did you guys do?
[signature]
Hey man

You will have to drop by say hi next time. I was wondering if you were someone off of this board. That was me and my son.
We ended up with 8. All very nice. biggest was about 30" .
We usually fish that same little stretch. We come down from SL.(Sugarhouse). Had the same delay that you had.

How did you end up doing ?
[signature]
[cool]Cool. Yeah, I should have said hi to you guys too. Like my post up above says, I didn't get very many, but got into that 29 incher (8 lbs), and a 3.5 pounder. I lost 2 or 3 also, and didn't move into that good spot till about 11 or so. Next time I'll get to that spot earlier!! Congrats on your 8 fish!
[signature]