Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Sat 4/23/05
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Guess I'll have to think up some new trick for this year! LOL! Maybe I'll go icognito and fish out of Old_crestliner boat. I know none of you guys can pick it out of the crowd.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
fondufishin do you llive at the north pole? that alot of snow still in your yard must be like a tropical vacation at willard.[Wink]
[signature]
We where trolling white/yellow crank baits. I don't know why we only caught walleyes I wanted to catch wipers. I've caught plenty of wipers on the same lure on other trips I've made to willard. I guess it was the location we where fishing in.
[signature]
I live in Suncrest which is a community perched atop South Mountain in Draper about 6200 feet above sea level as opposed to 4200 or so in the valley. All of that snow you see in the pic is from last Tuesday night. I woke up to about 8-10 inches of new snow on Wed am, and to think I put the snow thrower away for the season![shocked]
Knowing the weather was about to warm up I didn't even clear the driveway, it has all melted as I write this reply - Sunday eve, but up here ya never know, and yes Willard was nice and warm [Image: fire.gif] for Aquaman and I with very little wind!
[signature]
I too fished Willard Saturday. I saw BLM trolling out in front of the South Marina for a while but couldn't tell if he hooked up or not. I also saw MGB with another fella trolling near the island. I wasn't sure if that was you or not Mike, or I would have hollered to ya. We did OK, we were some of the first on the water and left around 4:00 p.m. All we had to show for the day was two walleyes, both around 19" We hooked both of them north of the island trolling around 2.2mph the water is warming up but there was a ton of debris floating around. I have been out a dozen times already this year and Saturday was the slowest day so far. It sure was a beautiful sunrise out there on the water though, I felt like I was in a Folgers coffee commercial or something.
[signature]
Hey Chad how you been? For being out so many times this year I don't remember reading that many of your reports but thanks for posting this one. Would you mind sharing what you were using to catch the eyes? Thanks. WH2
[signature]
I have had the most luck this year on Rapalas. I like the jointed black and silver shad type. I have got a few wipers on producers. The producers that have been working for me have are the green back and white or the white w/ red tip. I caught both of the eyes Saturday on the jointed shad raps. The water was about 54.6 when we got in to them. I forgot to mention, my buddy that was fishing my boat with me caught a small mouth on the east dike using a white curly tail grub. He wasn't very big, (7 inches) but a good little fighter! I bought a season pass this year and have been out every chance I get.
[signature]