Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats new for 2003?
Anyone heard of any exciting new tackle being launched for 2003?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
yes i have ! farmer tim from work picked up a " trolling bobber " , from one of the outdoor shows . last fall i saw this thing in action , and if your fishing a pond or lake from shore this is the ticket for you . you turn it on , cast it out , give it a few twitches from the rod to set your desired direction ( very little time needed to learn this )and let her go ! tim was all over the lake and never left his seat . i was limited to my casting distance .
bad side of it is the thing is a little stiff in it's steering movement untill it breaks in ,i don't know how it handles in a current , it only comes in three sizes , and that i didn't think of this million dollar idea first ! i think you can order them on-line at trollingbobber.com ? if you don't have a boat and really want to get out there this may be one option for you .
[signature]
[#002be7]Not yet but i'm searching for it.[/#002be7]
[signature]
go to "google" or " dogpile " search engine , put in trollingbobber.com , that will take you in the right direction .
[signature]
hi lonehunter that sounds[cool] haha i like fishin from shore better,n i do in a boat. i feel all clostraphobic in a boat. i like to move and tale louie for a walk if i want play wiht him as well as watchin my pole. i,d git laxy haha but that,s ok, sometimes. o don,t generally use a bobber, but durin the summer when we og to knapps pond ya have to cause the trouts on top. beautiful pond on top of a moumtain. brought jake up there got some beautiful pictures up there durin the fall with jake in em. maybe we,ll invest in a few. cool right up my alley!!! thanks.[cool][laugh] mare
[signature]
good old farmer tim went to jay's sporting goods and picked up a spool of the new " silk line " . he tried it out with a dry cast in his yard ( browning steelhead rod ) and said it was the longest cast he had ever made ( aprox 60 yards ) but even after the weight landed the line kept spooling off . anybody else try this stuff yet ?
[signature]
I have my eye out for the Shimano Stradic ST-FH.
It has ARB corrosion resistant bearings and,
a fuel injection port for quick lube jobs.
It also has something called a "floating shaft" that supposedly makes it smoother

Tom
[url "http://www.tacklethief.com"]www.tacklethief.com[/url]
Has any one used the fluorescent worm packs?

Its a bait container that contains worm bedding with fluorescent material. As the worms eat the bedding, they pick up the green color. Its supposed to last for a while, and attract more fish? I picked up one last year but haven't tried it yet...
[signature]
They sell individual packages of the flourescent worm bedding in various colors (green, red, orange) at Gander Mountain here in MN for less than a dollar. I'm thinkin' about trying it but I need to get my worms breading first!

Hey you Minnesota dwellers, you goin' to the SportsShow this week/weekend? If so, I wouldn't mind meetin' a couple of you and maybe hitchhikin' a ride... errr... carpooling down with ya. I wanna try to get there on Friday close to opening time or maybe Sunday if possible. I don't like driving downtown. I'm a suburban/rural driver. I'd get lost down there!!

Let me know if you'd like to carpool, k? Thanks!
[signature]
Has anyone used (I think it's Berkely's) Proline braided fishing line? I have used Fireline and Whiplash and was wondering what the new technology had to offer. Thanks.
[signature]
For bass guys there are lots of good electronics. The Lowrance Fishmark 320 is da kind! 320 X 320 pixel for about $200. Lots of color units coming out for a lot less $$$ than they were last year.

Bomber has a suspending long "a" jerkbait out. I like this for spring bass because it suspends better than a rouge out of the box. It also does not cost $15 like a Lucky Craft.

There are also a lot of new super strong, stretchy plastic baits out there. Not sure they are worth the extra $$$.

If I find some other goodies I will be sure to put them up here too.
[signature]