Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 7/19
Went to Willard yesterday in the float tube. Was trying to jig for some walleye, but the darn wipers wouldn't leave me alone [Wink].

Anyway, I ended up catching 6 wipers all on a 3 inch power grubs in white, with a glow in the dark chartruese head. I tipped it with a night crawler.

I caught a few that were in the 12 inch range, and a 1 that was 23 inches.... very nice fish. The rest were 16-19 inches. Man those wipers really fight don't they. I would say pound for pound the hardest fighting fish in Utah... at least the fish I have caught. Oh yeah, I did catch one catfish, but it was small. Released all my fish, so they are still in there for you to catch! [Smile]

I only saw one boil the whole time I was there, and I was trying my hardest to kick my way out there, but it quit before I had a chance to cast into it.

As stated in a different post, I saw some tickets written which was nice to see.
[signature]
Wiper fishing at willard has been a little tough this last week. Maybe jigging is the way to go. Went yesterday after work from 5:30-9:30, picked up two medium sized wipers and 3 walleyes. I have had to move around alot trying to get in to them. Can't find any where consistant just picking up one here and there. Surface temp was 78 - 80 degrees.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report, I think most of us Willard fisherpersons love it when, "the darn wipers won't leave us alone". What area were you fishing? WH2
[signature]
I started out at the North dike where I saw the tickets being written, but only caught a few there. I then moved to the southeast corner of the lake... right by the freeway and did much better.
[signature]