Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underwater camera?
Could anyone else using the Harbor Freight camera or any other brand give a consumer report on it? Sure would be nice to find out about the longevity of these things.

Don
[signature]
I have had an Aqua-Vu for 7 to 8 years and it works fine...
[signature]
Thats a bummer Jason, do you think the kids dropped it when they were playing with it? Sounds like the seal was broken on the lens. I've used mine just about every weekend since I bought it without a problem, I'm glad they stood behind the camera. I'm glad to read you made the big time, ha,ha. but really way to go.
[signature]
i know the kids didnt brake it, when they where playing with it i was right there and they just like seeing themself on the screen they never picked up the camera.
[signature]
Hey WH2 how do you turn your camera while your your ice fishing? when I turn mine I have a hard time getting it to stay where I want it.
[signature]
If I might be so bold by jumping in here,, that seems to a common problem. Some folks drop the cam right on the bottom, I dont. I use mine inside the shanty and merely get the cam close to where I want it then clip the coax to one of the shanty poles, then fine tune. Of course, I no sooner get it looking right where I want it when along comes a fish to prester the cam!!
I want one of those motorized, (remote controlled), tripods that set over the icehole that swings the cam to-n-frow for a person by remote..
[signature]
I was thinking of running the coax through a piece of 3/4 pvc like the one I use to hang my transducer for my fish finder, that way I can turn it and set it down, turn it set it down until it is pionting the direction I want. What do you think?
[signature]
Go here and you can get a motorized ice pod for $110 plus S&H, or you might prefer the manual ice pod for $16.50 plus S&H. I own the manual ice pod and it works great.

[url "http://www.aquavu.com/accessories.html"]Aqua-Vu Accessories[/url]
[signature]
Sounds like a good idea ta me.
[signature]
Thanks for the link Kent.. I also noticed I can get one throught Cabelas for 115.. + tax..
[signature]
I do it just like Coldfooter does but I think that manuel unit that Kent has would be an inexpensive way to go. WH2
[signature]
I made a set of rods that hook to my camera and that way you can move it where ever you want to look....

And any depth...

[signature]
I sometimes let my camera down 75 feet. How long are the rods that you made, and did you make them out of PVC?
[signature]
One way is to use 3/8" aulm. tube and make it in some 5' and 10' long and put a rod that slides inside and pin the two together...

Or get some tent poles the ones with the rubber band in it ... You can put them together your self...Get the picture....

Oh yes take the weight off the camera if you do this...

[signature]
I bought a manual one yesterday for my camera at sportsmans for 14.99 it worked well from what I could tell fishing Rockport today.

(The fishing sucked but being outdoors is always great)

But the water is so murky that you can only see a few inches. It is a tripod that folds out flat on the ice or snow with a small rubber cup that sits on the pod and clips to the camera cable you can turn the camera by the clip to move the camera view.

By the way coldfooter that is a sweet picture and fish you are holding in your pic. Do ice fish the gorge much? That's one of my goal to catch one of them babies one of these days.
[signature]
I'll run by and check those manual unit it out..

Thanks, I tickled that one last ice season. Yeah I ice fish the Gorge about as often as I can but not nearly as much as I'd like to.
[signature]