Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
secret at willard caught cats. wiper,crappies and walleyes
Okay, lets just give him a chance to reply. Maybe he hasn't had a chance to bother with revisiting the site yet. I'll give him a day or two more before I draw any conclusions about his character.
[signature]
i dont buy it alot have been spending time, there and nobodys been doin to great yet besides that it was a falling barometor.
[signature]
OK GUYS HERE IT IS.. I CANT BELIEVE THIS EATHER BUT IT WORKED..
WE TOOK A SMALL SPLIT SHOT SINKER AND ABOUT 15-20" OF LEADER AND PUT A SMALL WAX WORM(FROM ICE FISHING) RIGHT OFF THE BOTTOM AND JUST DRIFTED THROUGH THE FISH WE GRAPHED. I TRYED A JIG HEAD .. FORGET IT.. THE MORE LEADER THE BETTER.. ON A SIZE 8 OR 10 HOOK..\
SMALLER SEEMED BETTER IT WASNT ANY SLAMMING STRIKES YOUR LINE WOULD JUST "STOP" SET THE HOOK AND YEEE HAWWW.. i HOPES THIS HEPS SOME GUYS OUT THERE.. WE DID TRY TROLLING .. NOTHING.. JUST SITTING AND DRIFTING SLOW .. WHAT DO YA KNOW..
[signature]
okay i buy it good report. glad someones catching them.
[signature]
Right on! Leaving in 1 hour. Any better description on where? Thanks for the info.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850] Well I'll be ... if that ain't something. Thanks for sharing.[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the report . Seems like early in the year there is limited food and most fish I have took home then had very little in the stomaches . I think bugs might be the only abundant food source now for them .
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I am going out with quantum1man of fri. hope we get some.
[signature]
Hey Scottie b, maybe I will see you at willard if Skippy lets me leave work early. I will be launching out of the south marina.
[signature]
We will be watching for you.
[signature]
sorry couldnt post again until i got back to work . we started in the north marina crappies (a few) and one cat fish. went out and trolled around the bay just north of the marina saw all kinds of fish on the fish finder but couldnt get them to touch anything .. then we just started drifting around them using a jig then just the small meal worm .. the only thing they would touch was that small mealie.. had bunches of fun.. cant go again until friday.. its killing me.. good luck every one dont let the fish know the secret.. i still want to use it.
[signature]
First of all, thank you for the "secret". Second, i went out last night without knowing where exactly to go. I launched out of the south marina at about 7:45 and was going to head out on the main lake but the wind was too bad for my small boat. I just putted up to the bouy and killed the motor. I started drifting a wax worm on a single hook down the channel for about 1 hour with 1 bump. Then i tried worm on a harness with 1 bump. 2 hours later the wind died for the most part so i decided to head out in the bay. I fired up the motor and started out when the motor reved up and would not engage. No problem i thought, put it in neutral and back in gear. Started off good, and then BAM!!! Same thing. Tried for 1/2 hour to figure it out but it would not stay in gear. Ruined my whole night. I hope someone has a quick fix.
P.S. The water temp in the channel was a very cold 43 degrees, and when i drifted outside the channel past the bouies and off to the side, it was 47. I marked alot of fish in the channel, but didn't get far enough out to find anything in the main lake.
[signature]
Were they waxies or mealies? Your origional post said wax morms and the last on said meal worms. Hmmmm?
[signature]
it was the little maggot looking ones not the catapillar ones i always get them mixed up.. sorry.
[signature]
I guess that makes sense, did you also catch the crappie with wax worms and hook or jig? On the title of your post you also said you caught walleye but I did not see you mention them in your post? WH2
[signature]
everything was caught on a size 8 or 10 hook with a split shot about 20" up the line drifting across the bottom.. i tryed it with a jig head (more control) no good it seemed as if it had to look free flowing.. im not too sure what the fish were thinking it was it just worked.
[signature]