Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worship at Willard 10-15-06
[cool]Nice report, Reverand Tubemeister! Sounds like an awesome day of worship. Glad some of those wipers decided to convert. I got the "privilege" of staying home taking care of my sick fambly. All three of 'em were sick at the same time...UGH!!!!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'm sure you will be blessed...by getting what they had.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It is more blessed to give than receive, especially in terms of illness, black eyes, etc.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Did you ever get to Strawberry for your crawdads?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool]Nope. Too many dang time constraints. I was going to go for the 2nd half of the day last time I went to Lincoln (in Sept.) but I was having too much fun at Lincoln, so I didn't leave in enough time. Oh well, I'll get out for the 'dads next summer. By then, my wife will be begging me to take my daughter out of the house to give her a break anyway, so I'll take her after them with me.

I've got a couple of days off left at work this year, but I'm saving at least one of them for Pelican when it freezes sometime in December to hit there on a weekday...May take another day off sometime soon to hit Strawberry, Willard or Starvation from my tube. Either that, or else 2 or 3 Saturdays from now...We're gonna have to "hook" up again sometime soon for an expedition...
[signature]
[cool]By the way, do you know where the heck all the crappies go this time of year at Willard? You'd think they'd go into the marina by the docs and bushes along the side, but nobody really seems to catch them at the North marina except in the Spring time (April and May). Got any explanations? I figured that if anybody did, it would be you...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I will be prospecting for crappies on my next Willard expedition...probably next week sometime. I haven't really fished for them the past two years, but in times past they do come inside about this time of year. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of the best ways to get them is with a float tube..."dipsticking"...moving along the docks and dropping a single small white or chartreuse jig down about six feet and just letting it sit. They don't like a lot of jigging. Tipping with a waxworm or small bit of crawler helps too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you fish off the shore, try using a teeny bobber and six or seven feet of line under it, with a 1" tube or twister. You really have to watch the bobber because the bites are very light and hard to see if you don't know how to watch that bobber.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The south marina can be good too. Used to be lots of crappies school up right in the middle of the arm off the main channel. Again, they are slow and bite light, but you can sometimes do well with a deep jig under a small bobber.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Since the wipers...and most specifically since the gizzard shad...there have been a lot fewer crappies. The shad eat all the zooplankton the baby crappies need to survive until they can get large enough to feed on larger insects and fish fry.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
LMAO.....you're killing me! My stomach hurts now from laughing....."closet worshippers"......hahahaha. lol, now that you mention it yeah, a touch of air and direct sunlight.....interesting.....yes, I would agree.....a very holy experience indeed! Just what those heathen fishies need......to bring them from the dark depths of melancholy despair to be saved in the warm, rejuvenating light at the surface of heaven.
[signature]
Pat,
Since I'm Jewish should I circumsize my fish instead of baptizing them? If so....how? Do they make a zemola for fish? If they do and I should, must I perform a brisk, or is simply the act itself O.K? This question will keep me up all night.

IFG
[cool][#0000ff]Vadda ya mean, circumcize a fish? Oy and vey. Dat vouldn't make 'em kosher, any more than circumcising a pig would make kosher ham.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Instead you should just go for the burnt offering...only you should hold da fish over the burning stuff only until dey are nicely smoked.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Don't trouble your pretty little head vorryink about such 'tings. It's the humble spirit and the greatful heart what counts...not performing some silly ceremony on da fish. I just fillet dem and hope I take care of all dat in da process.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Anyvay, your sabbat is differmunt dan mine. So I don' know how all dat stuff works. Got any good "holy water" to help ya codgertate?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Please...nobody with the Muslim questions. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
LMAO!!![crazy]
[signature]
To be very honest with you, I think I spoke to all the fishermen out there that day and your catch was really really righteous. I have to say that the other people must not of been believers in the gospel of "TUBEDUDE" because after we talked I told them what to do and there were no believers and no fish caught.

Well it was nice to meet you and talk to you. I was thinking that I would post on this site when the south marina is closed to the public so no one makes any unnecessary trips that way.

Jeff
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thank you Brother. I'm sure we all appreciate the information you pass on to us and the efforts you make to keep us all safer on the water.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Personal question: Now that the campground is used very little, is there any regulation against day use parking within the campground...without buying an additional camping pass? Some of us tubers and shore anglers like to use the access to some of those spots without having to camp there.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Rev. tubedude,

As long as you're parked in a campsite on the asphalt there is not a problem. Now with that said, we do close the campgrounds off in November. Also, make sure that the site is not reserved for the day that you park in it. If it is reserved there will be a brown notice tag in the camp post as you pull in.

Jeff
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks again. Just for the rest of the congregation, when will (A) the south marina and (B) the campground be closed?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also, once the south marina is closed to vehicle traffic is it still okay to hike in to fish off shore...or from a tube if one wants to carry it in? It is not a "no trespassing" situation, is it?[/#0000ff]
[signature]