Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore Lunch at Willard 3-13-07
Okay [cool] We have the weekends. We went last weekend to prove river were deer creek meets and caught rainbows all day long, it was great! We r trying to learn the lakes & rivers here in Ut. Fun, fun, fun!!
[signature]
If it's ok we can meet you sunday at Lincoln Beach? You just have to give directions & a spot to meet!
[signature]
It was a great day, good people and terrific kittie krispers. Thanks Pat. But just for the record I was ready to leave slc at 6:15, but the one that will remain nameless caugh Kevin caugh managed to sleep through his alram. so we got a real late start. But no worries I think it was payback for when i did the same thing duck hunting this last year. It was fun I look forward to doing it again.
[signature]
It was nice meeting you and Kevin. We'll have to put the smack down on the wipers soon!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I will PM you a map and particulars.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It will be good to meet you guys.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There's a lotta ways you can tell a good fishin' buddy from t'other kind. Being late for a fishing departure is way up there on the list of disqualifications.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Most of my present (and former) fishin' buddies have received this speech: "If yer on time...yer late. The bus leaves at (time). I'll be on it. If you ain't, I know how to fish alone."[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Guys who want to fish with me are not late more than once...if they even get a second chance. Fishin' is serious bizness.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Y'see, I have been fishing for over plenty nine years, but I still get excited about every fishing trip. I have an alarm clock that I have had for about 5 years and I still don't know if it works. I always wake up a few minutes before the time I had it set. Wierd, huh? Anyways, I figure that if somebody don't take fishing as serious as I do, they ain't my kinda fishin' buddy.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]PS...TubeBabe qualifies. She is a bit surly before she has her coffee but she recovers fast. Her favorite expression about fishing? "If you are waiting for me you are wasting time. I was ready a long time ago."[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Ain't that the truth. If your looking for Tubebabe she is the little black dot alread on the water heading for the fish as you finish unloading your car in the morning.
[signature]
Haha.... Good thing I have never been late then, huh? [Tongue]
[signature]
Thanks TubeDude!! Can't wait to meet you & TubeBabe!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Yeah, so far you made the grade.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good tackle tester too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
i will be there fri evening some time...........green Northfork 10Ft tune.............say hi
[signature]
Like I said I think it was payback, I did the same thing last fall on 1 duckhunt. I also get very excited about going fishing my problem is I do not sleep the night before until just before my alarm goes off than I usually just die to the world it seams. It is extremely unusual for Kev to be late for two maybe 3 things. 1st Fishing, 2nd Beer/Football. Oh well. It was still fun I am looking forward to the next time I get to float with the fellas, and hopefully a few of our Sister tubers.
[signature]
About being late:

As my grandpa said one time....And I have practiced this for my whole adult life -- "Leave early enough so that you still have time to change a tire if need be -- and still be on time."

Words of wisdom Smile My first job out of college was such that if you were late -- you went home, if you were late a second time -- you did not have to worry about it happening a 3rd time.
[signature]