Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(weber)browns have the place to themselves
since all the rainbows are off spawning we were imitating rainbow eggs and dragging various flies. But the browns were taking the eggs, I got one on the hares ear. My brother happened to land a fatty though. I'll let you see for youself.
[signature]
No waders!!! Man you are tougher than me. Nice fish.
[signature]
tuff nothing we couldn't even walk that night barely made the hike back to the car. well worth it though
[signature]
Water looks beautiful. Nice pic. I know your bro,he used to come into my shop all the time. fished with him a couple times. that boy knows how to catch fish!!
He used to have a fly he called "Heather fly" does he still use it. Neet pattern.

Welcome to the board!! hope to here more of your adventures.
[signature]
Have you noticed stones on the river as of late? I was up there a couple weeks and turned some rocks and found several.
[signature]
Welcome to the board greenguy! the weber has a good stone life in it. for the most part they are golden stones which are a couple months away from hatching. No doubts you will find their nymphs through out the river when screening. there is also a micro black stone that should be showing up very soon. it is 3/4", most people don't even notice this hatch when it happens. there is also a black caddis hatch that comes off early spring about the same time. Both before the huge sedge hatch.
[signature]
Thanks of the info. I'm excited to fish the goldens.
[signature]
Usually hatch in June-same time as The PMD hatch. But now you can Nymph size12-8 Golden stone Nymphs and they will just get better and better for the next couple months.
[signature]
Where is the general area you go to fish the weber i havent fished it much and i was wanting to know a good place to try.
[signature]
Hennifer if the water is clear. Round valley golf coarse if clear. Wanship if the first 2 are not acceptable.
[signature]
I have done really well in those areas as well. Especially the golf course area. Last year I had about a (estimating) 25" brown break me off their... GRR! [Sad]
[signature]
do you do alot of nyphing on those stretches of river
[signature]
Most of the time. unless there is a good hatch and fish are rising.
[signature]