Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp Fishing
Here's a pic of the Mahseer, from India. This one was 65# but they get a lot bigger. They hit lures and use the fast waters to tear up tackle.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage1804031.jpg]

And a copy of the pic of the 243# carp from Cambodia

[Image: Big%20Carp.jpg]
[signature]
!@#$%! That just confirms my suspicious feeling that I had while float tubing at Deer Creek three years ago before the lake drawn down.

I was by the roadside dike just north of the island fishing for smallies on one nice early summer afternoon. I was having a blast fishing in the tube no more than three feet from the shoreline dikes when I saw five or six huge shadowry fish down about 10 feet deep about five feet away. I was spooked to see such huge shadow that, all of a sudden I thought I was in California in the ocean... (Jaws overture playing...) that I moved right next to the dikes for safety.

I was eyeing them with my polarized sunglasses that I can make out the ugly mouth and its scales. I tried to catch one of them by snagging with my panther martin spinner.

I snagged one alright, it gave me quite a pull, and lost it. I reeled in my spinner, on it was a huge scale I had snagged off it. It was like a half- dollar sized scale.

Deer Creek does have some huge monsters that looked to be at least 6 to 8 feet long from the looks of the shadows. I was amazed at its size! I've never caught one, not that big anyways.

I forgot to add, the smallies bite stopped when those monsters showed up. Thought that was very interesting to note this. After those monsters disappeared, the smallies reappeared for more of the continued bite. I'll bet smallies got spooked and ran for cover.

Does anybody know of Carp eating smallies? They look so big they probably do...
[signature]
Last year at Starvation wiperslayer caught a 34 inch carp, before we got it into the net and weighted it we thought it was at least 25 to 30 pounds. The weight was 17 pounds, most of the big fish like that look bigger than they really are. No matter how big they are they can put up a good fight. WH2
[signature]
I don.t know about carp eating smallies, but we were up at pineview last summer fishing the rocks by the dam for smallies, my son was using a broken back rapala, brand new he just got it, when we watched a carp chase it and bite it. He was sure he was going to loose that new lure. He managed to land the fish and keep the lure. I have never seen carp chase a lure like that. Maybe been around them muskie to long.HAHA
[signature]
Yeah I lived in some apartments in Glendale(S.L.C.) by a park with the Jordan River running through it and one day I saw a bunch of Bosnians walking to there cars with bags of fish. I walked up to them and sure enough they were bags of carp!! they harvest them carp like we do trout!! -TIBBZZ-
[signature]
the mahseeer is considered one of the mightiest game fish on earth. given the environment they live in and there size. incredible fish. hey tube that is next on our adventure tours. the might mahseer. woo hoo.
[signature]