Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BURBOT BUST!!!!!!!!!
[quote Ryno]...A lot of people got on the ice at Lost Dog this weekend and hopefully learned something that will help them in the future...[/quote]

Thats one of the main reasons I went is to learn how to catch them. I was hoping to catch them during the bash but learning how to catch them and having a blast doing it was way more important.

Thanks again guys for putting this event on!
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl
Also, finding Brody is also a great idea. That guy knows how to catch them![Smile][/quote]

Kent, I think Rich was talking about finding Ashley ( The Blond guy) and you will find Fish!

I think Ash can catch fish in a toilet bowl![Wink][fishin]

Talk about a guy that knows how to fish!
[signature]
Perhaps so, but the statement equally applies to Brody. I have been humbled twice by him now, but I haven't given up trying.
[signature]
Don't get me wrong, I think you can still catch burbot at Lost Dog, but you can also venture to some other areas and do well (safe ice permitting of course). Like ratstar said, maybe moving further up the Black's Fork would help. The thing to remember is burbot are lake wide now, but the bulk of the catching is done on the Wyoming end of the reservoir. Just look for rocky habitat, basically where you would fish for smallmouth bass, and the burbot should be there. There are roads all over the reservoir that head down to the shore. Get a good map, look for good structure, use the techniques discussed on Saturday, and you can open up a lot of opportunities.

Good luck, Ryno
[signature]