Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Walleye Caught at Utah Lake?
Utah lake is pretty standard for the fish, I live within 10 minutes of Lindon boat harbor and have fished it my whole life. I have a stratos bass boat but spend most of my time in a 12' aluminum boat with a minn kota trollling motor. The walleye stage this time of year near the bubble up, You can troll walleye divers or thin fins and catch fish off of the bubble up between now and late april. Most of the fish concentrate near the main structure points on the lake, like harbors, inlets or big gravel beds. I have seen many people troll a medium White Marabou jig tipped with a crawler off of the south west point of lindon boat harbor, then on south to the bubble up and produce lots of fish this time of year. The walleye also love the inlet between lindon and american fork boat harbor. this water comes from the treatment plant and has some great structure, a sunken canal type structure that allows the fish to sit on the edges. I had some really good luck last year trolling thin-fin rapalas near the south dike of provo boat harbor as well. Utah lake doesn't have secrets, the fish are just hard to find. Best of luck. Conner
[signature]
Does the bubble up still produce fish now that geneva is gone? I might have to try around the lindon harbor. I have never tried there. I have caught many fish around the inlet of the treatment plant but never walleye. It seems like there isn't much structure there other than mud. Im just wondering why the bubble up would hold staging walleye? I have fished it for white bass and it seems to be a sediment laden bottom with no rock structure? From everything I hear you have to fish in the rocks or am I wrong?
[signature]
You need to remember that the big pipe that is called the bubble up sits on large cement blocks. those blocks also have a foundation other than mud. there is also alot of cement chunks in that area.
[signature]
Excellent point! I will give it try. Thanks for the info. Now it just comes down to putting my time in!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There is still water draining into Utah Lake from the pipe at the bubbleup. But, it is not the heavy flow of warm water like there used to be from Geneva. The small inflow now is cold, from the springfed ponds on the other side of the dike.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]AND...there is a new NEGATIVE factor down there the past year or so...the power plant. When it is running full tilt it sends vibrations through the ground and into the lake. Everybody I have talked to believes that the fishing shuts down when the power generators are on. I have experienced it myself...a hot bite going stone cold when the steam starts coming up out of the stacks. Even Mark Cook, the operator of Lindon Boat harbor believes that. It has ruined his own fishing more than once.[/#0000ff]
[signature]