Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard bowfishing report
Decided to head out to Willard for some bow fishing action this morning....actually we were working the canal, but I hopped up on the dike, and I couldn't believe the water was so stinking low! I've never seen it so low, there was only 1 boat out on the whole place. I hope we get a little H20 this fall before it freezes solid and kills all the fish! Anyway we shot a few carp, that is always fun. One of these days I wan't to put an arrow down thier throats when they are up sucking bugs off of the top. I had one big carp on that broke my line....[Sad] That ended the trip a little early. One good thing was that I found a decent anchor stuck in the mud. It was in surprisingly good shape. So I think I still came out ahead in todays trip.

I did see a few terns diving into the water, but I didn't see anything that I could have called a boil. I may have to take the toon out there....no skiers, no PWC's, just me, the bay, and a billion bugs!
[signature]
I have found 3 anchors out there in the last 2 weeks, if ya find a pair of Oakley half jackets, they are mine Sad
[signature]