Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2010 northern Idaho 10 point whitetail.
well i have been hunting hard since october 10th 3 days every week since then and had run into several problems, mainly not a lot of time so opted to gun hunt this year so i could scout the new areas and find some places to hang tree stands so i can archery hunt next year. i also ran into a rifle problem the remington 700 .243 i was using happens to be a pile of $%^&*.(things like bottom of clip exploding when i shot. bolt came all the way out when i tried to jack another shell.) any ways it all came togather tuesday night. i got off the beaten path on a ridge i had seen deer on a couple weeks before. i got about 600 yards out on the ridge and grunted on my grunt tube and heard something break sticks in the trees about a hundred yards away. then watched this deer come up on the ridge about 200 yards away then back down the otherside. so moved up slow about 100 yards found a stump underneath a pine tree and layed down with the stump as a gun rest. then i grunted on the tube again. the buck turned around and headed right back to the top of the ridge i was on. got to 120 yards turned broadside and i dropped him in his tracks!!!!!! not the biggest buck but i am very happy with him. here is some pics.
[signature]
nice buck would make a great european mount. sure do miss those corn fed whitetails down in texas... best smummer sausage ever
[signature]
he is at the taxedermist getting euro mounted on a walnut pedistul(or however you spell it.)
[signature]
Nice buck man I am jealous. He is way bigger than any bucks I saw while I was in Kooskia. I think we should have waited till the rut started to go up there. Maybe next year.
[signature]
Nice buck. Congrats.
[signature]
Very nice. Sounds like a fun hunt.
[signature]
thats awesome.... maybe one day.......
My pipe dream is to do a whitetail, steelhead trip up in northern idaho. 2 weeks of hunting and fishing would be awesome. they don't have either of those magnificent creatures down here in utah.
[signature]
Nice buck.
Concerned about the problem with the Remington 700 though. Usually a good gun. Did you get your issues resolved?
I've got a 25-06 that i've had for years and have never experienced any problems. Just curious.
[signature]
i think there is something wrong with the barrel. i am going to have a gunsmith check it out.
[signature]
nice one !
[signature]
first off sounds like a great adventure!! But here is my problem I tried to open the picture and it wouldn't open for me.. As I have read it looks like it opend for every one else but I just couldn't seem to get it to open... But hey sounds like it was a great trip.
[signature]
Awesome buck!!
[signature]
[Smile]Nice job on the whitetail, wish we had them in Utah. I've hunted them in Nebraska and Kansas and they are a lot of fun to hunt, a lot differenter than mule deer. Their also awesome eating-----medium on the grill.

Congrats!
[signature]
meium on the grill here also. i am also partial to pan fried or seared and put on a toasted buttered bun with a good slice of hard cheese.
[signature]