Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nigerian Scam
Getting PMs from a Nigerian scam. GIve us your banking info so we can give you millions! Why, because you're special and we really like you.[crazy]

Mods, can you block this sender from the site?

egobiaben001@yahoo.co.jp
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
See post above in general forum.
[signature]
Unfortunately, moderators don't have the rights to block anyone. It has been reported and hopefully an administrator will block the account soon.
[signature]
I also got it.
Does this mean that we have to split the money?
[signature]
u mean im not in line for the dough,i had it all spent[pirate]
[signature]
I got it
[signature]
Don't block it 'till I get my money!
[signature]
I usually try to have some fun with those guys, I act like Im really interested and start spinning a story about how we should hang out and take our kids on a picnic and all kinds of dumb stuff. I can usually get them to play along for about 2-3 emails before they realize Im yankin' their chains but its worth a good laugh in the meantime. I hate those vultures so the more of their time I can waste the better.[laugh]
[signature]
Just got my own PM from "New member ego", Madam Egobia Benjamin in Iran. Immediately deleted it.
Hope the Forum Admin. folks get on top of this soon. [mad][mad][mad][mad][mad]
[signature]
I agree ban em! I got it tooo
[signature]
Keep laughing guys, I sent all my info ss#, bank numbers, all of it!! I think this one is for real, I hope am blessed with many fortunes sooon! I might even share, if there is enough money to go around.
[signature]
Yup I got it to and deleted it thanks to the moderators for checking into this for all of us
[signature]
I dont get it. Someone mentioned that the moderators dont have the ability to block/ban them, well I question that. I have been banned quite a few times for some "constructive critiques" I have posted yet this yahoo gets away with spam. What gives? HAHAHA
TS
[signature]
Boy, the madam must have very, very deep pockets to pay off all the folks that provide her the info., like you???? [img]../../../images/gforum/Wink.gif[/img]
[signature]
[quote trout_slayer]

I dont get it. Someone mentioned that the moderators dont have the ability to block/ban them, well I question that. I have been banned quite a few times for some "constructive critiques" I have posted yet this yahoo gets away with spam. What gives? HAHAHA
TS

[/quote]

A moderator can ban a member from posting on a board that the moderator is assigned to moderate; however, they can not block a member from sending PMs to fellow members. Only an administrator has the ability to do that.
[signature]
I got it and deleted it knowing that the mods and admins would be on top of it real quick.
[signature]
I got the pm twice so does that meen i will get twice the money [Wink]
[signature]
I got the same message twice 2day. Guess I'm special[:/] too. Hope the mods can stop it.
[signature]
No, it means we have to divvy up the loot that many more ways.
By the time the hotspotters ruin it, we'll all only be able to buy a pack of gum.
[signature]