Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Sturgeon Report
[quote Topehaw]Man i would love to look at the pictures...but they are too Frick'n big! Could you resize them and repost?[/quote]

I resized the sturgeon pics but your out of luck with the video [:p]
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip, even with the hardships you guys had to face. I guess this was a one day trip? Must have been a long day, with the driving up and back. I guess this is the same place you went up to last year?
[signature]
Different spot than last year. This was the first time Kent and I had been to this one.

And yes it was a long day trip, left a little after 2:30am and got back after 10 pm.
[signature]
Takes me 3:45 pulling the pop-up. With just the car I can do it in 3:30 hours flat. Can make for along day, up and back. Biggest problm s tere is not very much good camping in the area, unless you pay.
Lots of BLM and on south side of river, but pretty barren, cheat grass mostly, no shade, no water. The RV place in Hagerman is OK, but no amenities, good news is that it is 5 min tops from the fishing. We stay at Banbury hot springs when we go Nice shady place on the river, not close to the highway, the have a boat launch too, or you can launch at the public ramp just above Bell Rapids.

Yes, LH2 now lives in Jerome. Seems to be doing well, course, any guy who drives around with a boat in the back of their truck at all times is doing well, in my opinion.
[signature]
these are the pics i had on my phone. it was great to meet Cory and Kent and although i was a bit miffed at not getting into anything (i missed some great bites Sad) it was fun to show them a new spot and get them into some big fish.

[Image: 20110727141136.jpg]

[Image: 20110727141036.jpg]

[Image: 20110727140937.jpg]

[Image: 20110727140855.jpg]

[Image: 0725110740-00.jpg]
[signature]
Only if more fishermen were like you,I too have no problem giving out my hot spots,it adds to more competition,its nothing like beating someone at your own game...Paulpro..the more the marrier,that what I always say..Man awesome fish,I hope you got fish of the day,sure looks like a winner..
[signature]
Thanks Jon it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. I really appreciate being shown a place to fish for sturgeon from shore and I owe you one.
[signature]
Ditto on owing you one Jon. I wasn't at all expecting to catch my biggest sturgeon ever from shore. Kent and I probably should come clean why we were getting more bites. We were wiping the bait with blood from our knees [Wink]
[signature]
Wow, that was a long day. Sounds like you guys need to wear knee pads on your next trip[Wink].
[signature]
Fantastic pictures! I'm quite jealous, that one is on my bucket list. For those using a 3G connection, resizing them makes a world of difference. One time a while back TD posted a simple resizing program that could be used.
[signature]
Congrats on a successful trip.
[signature]