Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Fishing Season What did you learn?
[quote Wildcat94]Thanks everybody for sharing, i am a bit shocked that more havent shared but maybe they have learned some new killer super sweet tricks that are confidential, thanks again for sharing[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]Hey Bryce, I'm sure there are a few members who are reluctant to share things that might seem likely to reduce their "edge" during competitions...or even on an average trip. Some folks work hard to pick up special tactics and techniques...or even just the basics.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I would also like to believe that there are plenty of folks who are just too humble to contribute. They may still be learning a lot themselves and might not think that what they know and use could possibly be of benefit to anybody else. Little do they know that there are always newbies climbing up the learning curve. So anything that can be shared will likely have some value to somebody else. Don't know how many times I have complimented someone on a neat trick only to hear "Gee, I didn't think that would be interesting to anybody else."[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I guarantee that if you check the hospital records throughout Utah (or the world) you will not find any birth certificates that list the birth of a great fisherman. We all start out with nothing and whatever we have when we "check out" is the result of a lifetime of learning and experience. Some are more fortunate than others in being able to fish more often...and/or to experience more waters and more species. But if they are generous enough to "download" to others less fortunate they contribute to a lot of knowledge bases...and the vicarious enjoyment of fishing experiences of others. I know from personal life experience that there are periods in all our lives when life and survival get in the way of being able to fish as much as we would like. And most of us can at least scratch the itch a little bit by getting fishing reports from others.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Wildcat94] 2011 Fishing Season What did you learn? - by TubeDude - 12-09-2011, 09:22 PM