Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bird attack
im thinking a bird, possibly a raccoon got this guy. i posted the pic large so you could see the fish
[signature]
Hard to say from the photo. It looks like a Bald Eagle swipe to me.

Looks like six gouge lines on the side you were showing. If there were 2 gouge lines on the other side it was likely a Bald Eagle.

An Osprey swipe would be 4 gouge lines on each side.
[signature]
2gouges on th opposite side
[signature]
Seeing a lot of Baldies this year. That would be my guess. As they say in Canada "nice Troot"
[signature]
I thought those were just your dimples[laugh].
[signature]
Looks like one from the sandy pond! I had a brown last week that had all sorts of scratches on it that now its being mentioned a bird makes sense...
[signature]
I've seen at least a dozen bald eagles just driving around the valley this winter. I wonder why they're so prevalent this year? Despite (or maybe because of) the cold, it has been a really good winter for spotting cool birds. I just saw a large flock of tundra swan in a farmer's field on Sunday. That was a pretty cool sight.
[signature]
Eagles driving around the valley? Man, those birds are getting sneaky, eh?

(Thanks for the delightful straight line, my friend. Couldn't resist.)
[signature]
Wow !!! That fish looks like it took a beating, definitely could be a bird. Ive also seen ferrets / minks in the area I dont know if they eat fish but I think they eat anything, if they can get a hold of it.

Oh Nice Fish other than the scratch its a pretty nice size fish. Congratz !!!
[signature]
Yeah, they've become quite adaptive around these parts [:p]
[signature]
At least that fish gave you a bright Smile and fin wave. [Smile]

Nice picture of the semi beat up brown but not close as ugly as my bow from willow pond ha ha ha. [laugh]
[signature]
Don't forget about the river otters...although it does look like claw marks.
[signature]
i kind of thought the same thing about otters, but since we are the only folks that fish that section and all i have ever seen is muskrats i dont think there are any there. but that does not mean there are not any around
[signature]
The DWR released several otters in there a year or two ago.
[signature]
hrmm i thought that was the middle and upper provo only? would not suprise me though
[signature]
Yeah just those parts of the provo, were you fishing elsewhere? If so then I don't know if it was otters.
[signature]