Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little duck report
Went out to the Crane today. First time being in that area, so it was really an exploratory trip. Found a few willing birds, so I killed em. Gonna be tasty.

On a side note, I took a drive to the Willard Spur last night, and it is dry! Nothing but cracked mud at the boat ramp by the "light pole". We need some water!
[signature]
"A little duck report"

Brandon, shoot some coots?[Wink]
[signature]
On another utah forum I saw some aerial pics of all the WMAs, Harold Crane looked awesome and the spur was, as you said, bone dry! Only been out there once and I never had much luck unfortunately.

With the spur dry and the BRBR closed Harold Crane may either be a great place or a bad place right now i'd guess.

Were many birds moving through the area?
[signature]
Unfortunately not a lot moving. Got lucky and put birds down from the several groups that came in. The hunt was over in an hour. I suspect that many birds are hangin on the fuge. Talk about a monster safe pond! It will be like another opening day out there when they finally open it up. Wish I had a job I could call in sick for[Wink]
[signature]
No coots today, but was tempted by one. I had to exercise self control to not lower his carbon footprint!
[signature]