Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Fish Cat float tube
I was hoping there would be no seat sag. But thought it best to find out what the deal was with my seat box dimension, and loose fitting seat foam.

I greatly appreciate all comments, attached pictures, and suggestions. I have yet to get the tube on the water. For some reason, probably just a gut feeling. Which, I follow almost religiously. Is the reason for pre-problem solving. I thought today would be the maiden voyage, but the wind is a blowin today!

Is there a recommended kick fin for tubing? I have a set of Caddis flippers. If not Caddis, they are the set with the molded in, plastic heel piece that wraps around the back of the heel? Must step into these.

I also have a set that is slid into, with a strap for the heel, and laces for snugging to the wading shoe.

I also have a set of snorkel fins that I have not tried when tubing. Only used them for snorkeling. These are longer than the first two pairs mentioned. Would these be the most efficient pair to use (for speed)? These strap around the heel for a snug fit.

While doing a search on this site. I do recall reading where Tubedude states "the two piece seat foam will go into the seat box in either direction. But that the 17 3/4" width will orient the seam in the correct direction, and is the correct installation for foam compression". That totally makes sense. It just seem odd that both the 17 3/4" and 19 3/8" dimension will go into the width of the seat box. I certainly discovered the foam will fit in either width dimension. But only the 17 3/4" faces the seam correctly for seat seam compression.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
First Fish Cat float tube - by MotoBoat - 04-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Re: [MotoBoat] First Fish Cat float tube - by pa - 04-17-2014, 08:36 PM
Re: [cpierce] First Fish Cat float tube - by MotoBoat - 04-23-2014, 07:34 PM