Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Fish Cat float tube
cpierce, how is the Pheasant hunting in Southwest Idaho? I pass through the panhandle every October. That part of Idaho that can be seen on either side of I-90.

As far as the foam seat goes. That would be something if the foam seat did not require any modification from the way it was when purchased. I would be totally surprised though. The smart thing would have been to first try the tube in water. But the weather around here has not been that nice. When it was nice, there was a Dental appointment (3 in the last 2 weeks), each a early morning one (when the fish are biting). Then Easter and 3 days, no 4 days of relatives in the house. Planning meals, cooking, daily activities.........ect. Surprising how worn out I and the wife are, after the guests leave!

Given the 2 piece foam seat is supposed to fit tightly going into the seat pocket. And is further compressed when the air pontoon bladders are filled. That tells me there is structural support coming from that seat foam compression. In the way of pontoon separation/anti cave in during sitting. Having an inch of gap between the pontoon bladders and the seat foam when at full air fill. Just does not add up to a good scenario in my mind. And since my mind wants to know "why", and how something works. That pretty much sums up why I went through the hassles/or steps to reach this point.

To further complicate matters. I am leaning toward vacuum sealing the boogie board, seat shims. Only because I know those pieces have the ability to hold water, and they will fit in a seal a meal bag. The seat foam I cannot fit into a seal a meal bag.

For the first trip out. I think I will start off with no shims in the seat area. Then add them to compare the before and after.

I am excited to get out on the water!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
First Fish Cat float tube - by MotoBoat - 04-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Re: [cpierce] First Fish Cat float tube - by MotoBoat - 04-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Re: [MotoBoat] First Fish Cat float tube - by pa - 04-17-2014, 08:36 PM