Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass on the fly help
So I caught my first bass on the fly for the first time and I'm HOOKED! I've caught 4 so far this week. 1 at pineview (Pic 1), 1 at Grantsville (Pic 2) and 2 babies from DC (Pic 3). I've been catching them on a fly called a Stealth Bomber. The two babies I caught on a Royal Wulff. I was wondering what other flies can you use other than poppers and buggers that would catch bass? Also what kinds of things should I look for to find them?

P.S. I've already tied up some Clousers. [Smile]
[signature]
Right on.
I like anything with rubber legs, Gurgle bug, Purple buggers, CA leech, Haresear....and a bunch more.
[signature]
Pretty broad topic and lot's of stuff to discuss. I fish for bass quite a bit with the ol' fly rod arsenal. Take it FWIW:

http://www.flyfishfood.com/search?q=bass
[signature]
I kill them on the Gorge with White/Chartreuse Clousers and Black buggers.
[signature]
I sure do miss my bass fishing sessions on the gorge [:/].
[signature]
I have had a ton to of fun chasing bass with a fly rod this year. My best patterns have been a beadhead olive bugger for subsurface and a olive gartside gurgler on top.

I am a big fan of bugger's and I have caught a bunch of different species of food fish on the olive version I the.

I've caught, small mouth, largemouth, bluegill, crappie, a catfish, and three different kinds of trout.

Mark
[signature]
One fly I have caught a large number of LM on is the Rainy's Popcorn Ball. Where I fish is a lot of Olive bushes and I am thinking that is what they are taking it for. No, movement, just suspended about 18" under a Thingamabobber.

[Image: IMG_1601_zps30a87293.jpg]
[Image: 010_zps577d4533.jpg]

Rubber Leg
[Image: IMG_1324_zps0a1cf8f4.jpg]
[signature]