Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview crappies still active?
Thanks for info!

Anyone headed up tomorrow (friday)?
Supposed to be a little windy then a lot windy.
[signature]
So Shane did you lose any arrows? I'll bet that zipped through that goose and disappeared never to be seen again... Sorry no flu flu's but must say I'm dang impressed, not many sportsmen get an archery goose... Great job!!! Later J
[signature]
Thanks for the compliment.
I was shaking more than when I shoot a bull or buck.
I only used one arrow and it buried itself in the grass about 25 feet beyond the bird. The goose didn't even know what hit him. He simply fell forward and was dead by the time I walked over to him.
I hit him real low in the neck where his spinal cord meets the bulk of his body.
I am grateful to the DWR for the rule change so I could scratch this one off my bucket list.
[signature]
I'm afraid I've waited too long to get that one off my bucket list. We used to do pretty well with the geese, and I tried a few with the bow but couldn't get drawn back and shoot quick enough. We were trying them in the air, but I was younger and less patient at the time. Now I'm lucky to get the geese into me so a scatter gun is my best option. Anyway nice job. J
[signature]
I used to hunt North of you quite a bit but the whole goose thing up there has changed for the negative.
I think it could easily be changed but my Ideas are not very well accepted. If the Cache Valley hunters banded together,developed a rest area at Cutler, formed a no hunting within 200 yards on both sides of the Bear River, and instigated an intensive nesting box program, you could rebuild that flyway in 5 years.

Two of my best friends live above you, Cole Richards in Newton and Cory Law in Cornish.
[signature]
Hey I know Cole, his daughter and mine used to play soccer together. I like your resting area idea, we used to push for them at least making one section of the reservoir a rest area. We seen how well that worked out on the millionare club when we used to guide out there. However, I've got to disagree on the nest boxes or anything that makes more of those dang geese. You would be amazed how much damage they do to our crops along the reservoir and there's no state or Sportsmans help with the damages the farmer has to take it in the pocketbook. They used to take 10 acres off my west side every year, now they get 10% of my field. It's a terrible loss when your margins are so narrow anyway. So don't increase that local flock, they all take off before you get to shoot many of them anyway. Anyway catch ya later J
[signature]